can i have your two cents

smyth

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
on this photo, aside from the depth of field issue going on.

F1000024.jpg

Actually I like the focus on the boys and the background is just that.....a background. Looks good.

It´s good.
Maybe head-on next time...with them looking into your camera.

wow, quick reply! thanks for the comments.

Yes, the shot is ok, but I think it can do without the black box (?) in the bottom part. (what is that?). So I suggest a crop.

pascal

It's a great shot of #35, if that's what you're after. Otherwise I'd take a couple giant steps to your right, and try to get the group in more of a head-on direction.

Not too shabby. It's a tad bit oversaturated, though.

Yes, the shot is ok, but I think it can do without the black box (?) in the bottom part. (what is that?). So I suggest a crop.

pascal

That would be a water cooler

Alan927 said:
It's a great shot of #35, if that's what you're after. Otherwise I'd take a couple giant steps to your right, and try to get the group in more of a head-on direction.

I wasn't after any parcticular photo, in fact this one just kind of happend. It was starting to get a little late, so the light from the sun was perfect, and I just happend to be looking through the viewfinder, and snapped it, the last shot on my roll.

MaxBloom said:
Not too shabby. It's a tad bit oversaturated, though.

Shot on film...

Shot on film...

No offense, but "shot on film" isn't an excuse for oversaturation. For me, one of the greatest joys of film is that I can hand pick one with contrast, tone range, saturations, etc just the way I want. Had you said, "shot on Velvia," I might understand why the green is overdone. Still, images are rarely, if ever, exactly the way they appear on a negative. You adjust during printing or digital post-processing, so it's not something that's set in stone.

I think a lot of folks mistakenly think that film is somehow different once it is digitalized. Holy and not allowed to be altered to any great degree. In my experiences it really isn't all that different. You can do most of the things with a digital image from film, that you can do with any other image. . Digital darkroom is a great thing for film photographers. If we look long enough we can find the same kind of tools as are in a wet darkroom. Just in a different way and sometimes a better way.

No offense, but "shot on film" isn't an excuse for oversaturation. For me, one of the greatest joys of film is that I can hand pick one with contrast, tone range, saturations, etc just the way I want. Had you said, "shot on Velvia," I might understand why the green is overdone. Still, images are rarely, if ever, exactly the way they appear on a negative. You adjust during printing or digital post-processing, so it's not something that's set in stone.

i know i could have changed the saturation, personally i find it much sharper looking than images i've shot with a DSLR. I guess i'm a sucker for saturation.

second thing is: i know squat about film lol.

Most reactions

Back