Can i post pics here easier?

Raw photographer

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi,

So my pictures dimensions are about 3888x 2592 for most of them anyway. I can't post them here full size, so what i do it open them up in a program called paint, most of you are probably familier with it, anyway i resize them to about 1000x ???? not sure what that number is but then after i resize them, i can then upload. Im assuming it's because the file size is to big. But is there any other way that i can upload them easier here, as after i upload them here i also have to go back and put them back to 3888x 2592 again, and this is a pain. Iv'e heard of flicker but not really interested in using that, just want an easier way to upload and share with you guys. ( If there is an easier way.)

Thanks.

Thread moved as this isn't really a business question.

You can use one of a number of reliable 3rd party services to host your photos online and then embed them into posts here
How to Post Photos to the Forums

That thread lists two, flickr and imgur, whilst you can also use sites like smugmug and others to host your images. Most photographers advise hosting smaller photos online so that potential for theft and re-use of your photos is reduced. So it might not remove the resizing you are doing.

That said when I resize I edit the photo how I want it; then I save it. I then resize it for web display and save it again under another name. That gives me two distinct files - one at fullsize and one at websize.

Also you might want to check out Lightroom, it does make a lot of editing workflow a lot faster and easier. You could also check out GIMP which is a free editing software suit (its open source designed so its legally free to use) comparable in features to photoshop, if perhaps a little trickier to use here and there. Though there are loads of guides online for how to use it.

I use gimp. Drag a copy to desptop. Scale image - 1024 on long side hit chain link to keep aspect ratio - export jpeg at 100%. Delete scaled version after upload.

Works every time.

..not sure what that number is but then after i resize them, i can then upload. Im assuming it's because the file size is to big. But is there any other way that i can upload them easier here, as after i upload them here i also have to go back and put them back to 3888x 2592 again, and this is a pain.
Why wouldn't you just make a copy the size you want?

This site does not support Raw files.

Make your jpeg copy 1250 on the longest side, and simply drag it onto your post. Check "full size".

There is a "hard limit" for files beyond 2 million bytes. NOTE: This is NOT "2 MB" but real "2 million" which works out to around 1.9MB. I usually post JPEGs with minimum compression because they are for illustrating a point, so the size is variable. But if you want to post a bigger pictures size and don't mind less detail, then 95% compression is actually more common for Web pages, and can result in large pictures.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back