Can new members not post pics

Holy Ghosted

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was just wondering if I missed something I see were I can not post aattachments but I can not see how to post photo's are photo's conceder attachments or am I just doing something wrong

I need help with this issue also. Thanks

If you dont want to post as attachments you will need to host the image somewhere (imageshack, smugmug, fotopic...etc) then you take the BB Code for direct image linking which is what jmmtn4aj stated above and put your image location information between the [tags] and whalaa you have an image posted...

test photo

OK that did not work maybe I need clarification on what a url is then any help please

Ok....here goes... without spaces between the code and the url you put in:

[IMG] [url]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/137/331244267_df66eac3a5_o.jpg[/url]

it will produce this:
331244267_df66eac3a5_o.jpg

or click the little picture of the mountain and put the url in the little form and it'll put it in the reply box for you. The 2 most common image files end with jpg or gif.

Hope that helps....

ok so I have to get smugmug or fliker or something like that to be able to post pics and if which one is best

Thanks

Yeah, you need to get a place to host your pictures. I use both photobucket and flickr, but I don't like their new format for photobucket, but I do use them. Flickr is good, but it's more like a gallery. Like, people come and comment on your pics and stuff. I feel awkward posting my "crap" on there so I post my junk on photobucket and post my "good" stuff on Flickr. Imageshack is cook, but I'm wondering how do you find your picture after you upload it. You don't have an account.

There are many image hosting sites and they pretty much all do the same thing...webshots is another one too. All of those are free.

WOW!!! did you check out smugmug they are cashy$$$ 40 - $150 a year

You can also use my site if you want. A whole lot smaller than one of the big boys, but I made it, so I'm proud of it. :) It's a combo gallery with a photoblog. www.f8pix.com

Most reactions

Back