Can somebody help me with what I'll need to shoot photo's like this?

1. You need someone, preferably a male, named Nick Lachey
2. A digital camera to shoot digital photography with.
3. Photoshop

Haha, i kid, i kid. -_- Ok, but really..what exactly about the photo do you want to achieve in your own photography? The only thing I see is a warm golden glow to it and some grain texture on the wall. You can try a gold reflector to get that gold tone..

One maybe two strobes one to make the hard shadow and another for just fill light. You could use gels to make the yellow tint that appears, but it could also be done in photoshop.

If you are short on strobes you could always just pose a subject by a window, so the light coming in is softened.

Looks like 3 lights.

The shadow on the wall, and on his right leg, indicates there is a light off the camera on the right that is as low as Nick is. It is functioning as the fill light.

The shadow on his neck under his chin indicates there is a second light to the right of the camera that is almost directly behind and above him and aimed down.

There is a 3rd light, camera left. It is at the same height as light #2 and is at the same intensity. It is there to light his face and the other parts of the shot that would be in shadow cast on the front of him by light #2.

Light #1 looks to be modified by a small softbox while lights #2 and #3 apperar to have somewhat small reflector dishes on them.

What is your budget for lighting and would you need to use it on location?

What lights are not so important, either regular camera speedlights or studio strobes could be used. You would need a few light stands and some light modifiers.

What is your budget and would you need to use lighting for location shooting?

Edit: I forgot to add...And knowing how to use the lights.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back