Can somebody please tell me what's wrong with these? I can't quite place it...

Thanks! I like this much better. I really do not have an eye yet for red tones but it seems that my D90 really tends to oversaturate the red a bit. Thanks for the edit.

What do you think about the pose?

Yours ain't the only one lol. Mine does too. I usually dial some back or in LR I dial down the orange.

If you haven't already, you need to get the Martin Evening book if you want to have any hope of learning how to use even a fraction of what is available in CS 6.

Keith, I bought the book about 2 weeks ago but have had very limited time to spend with it and with the software on account of having a 2 year old at home and working 70+ hour weeks.

In due time I will figure this all out....I hope. :lol:

Thanks! I like this much better. I really do not have an eye yet for red tones but it seems that my D90 really tends to oversaturate the red a bit. Thanks for the edit.

What do you think about the pose?

Yours ain't the only one lol. Mine does too.

Is this a known problem for the D90?

Revised. Does this look better?

8579520937_0d0895fc19_n.jpg
[/URL] EMM4 by jwbryson1, on Flickr[/IMG]

Better.. your originals and the one Amolitor posted are still too red! This is reasonable...

Me and WB are not usually friends.. but I decided to play with this for fun!

$8579445343_a9e5b5127f.jpg

Here is what I found when I brought the image into Lightroom.

149322630.jpg

On the left is the original of jwbryson's first shot, from Flickr. In this before/after screen cap from Lightroom, all I have done is a basic tint adjustment, to cancel out excessive redness in the original image.In the left side and the right hand side of the man's face, one can see a significant "yellowness" to the light. This is caused by mixed source lighting. I did a Tint adjustment of Minus 30. That removed a lot of the excess redness.

However, I could still see the yellow, coming from the background. To eliminate that, I went to the color adjustment, and in the Yellows, I moved the slider all the way to the left, and added +8 Luminance.

149322631.jpg

In the Red color, I added a Hue of +45, and reduced the saturation by -12 units.

149322632.jpg

In Fill Light, I added 23, to lighten up the sweater.
149322633.jpg

Overall, it looked pretty good. The image above is a FULL-sized, 2.7 megabyte JPEG, so it looks a bit soft on-screen when seen re-sized down. it could easily be "juiced up" with a contrast boost and a curves tweak,etc,etc. The image might still be a tad bit too warm, however. The main problem was the mixed lighting in the source JPEG I worked with; the yellow light coming in from the sides, and the excessive redness in the flesh tones made this a tricky image to start with. If I would have had a RAW file to start with, I think I could have done a lot more with it.

Last edited:
I was really bored and so here is my edit. Even tho it seems alot whiter than all the new edits since i started this. After all the work I did, I still had to post it. Good chance to work on my PS skills. even tryed to help wit the backdrop since he didn't like the white. ;)

Attachments

• $red face2.jpg
    $red face2.jpg
    855.4 KB · Views: 82
If I remember I'll change the bg for you when I get home

$edited.jpg

Here is my crack at it.

2 x Hue / saturation layers. - 1 for colour and hue correction in selective channels (red and yellow) and the second for saturation adjustments - primarily to yellows.

1 x Vibrance layer boosting the vibrance by around +50

1x Channel mixer with settings: red: +98, green: +7 and blue: -7

1x Curves adjustment layer setting the black and white points

1x Colour balance layer removing red in all the highlights, midtones and shadows.

Then a crop and unsharp mask were applied afterwards.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back