Can someone remove a watermark please?

Tyguy35

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey, I just made my first HDR but at the moment I don't have a computer for Photomatix. My girlfriend downloaded the free trial but can't get the full version since its her school computer and doesn't want it on her computer. I can't post the image on here its to large way to large haha.
I can send it by email though. The photo is of my Tortoise Tank.
Thanks
Tyler

You will need programs like Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop to remove watermarks from pictures.

Plenty of free HDR software out there that doesn't watermark an image.

That, or pay for the software instead of being a pirate.

I plan on buying it. I was trying it out on her computer because I don't have one. I like the program just can't afford a computer right now. So using the trial to learn until I can afford everything. Or I'll just download the full version when she falls asleep haha. Ya I think ill do that.

HDRSoft only watermarks their free trial version of Photomatix. Removing their watermark would also be unethical.
The "cost" of HDRSoft's trial version is the advertising the watermark provides.

You do NOT have permission to remove the watermark. I strongly suspect the terms and conditions for using the trial software would cover that.
Plus its not a cool thing to do.

I plan on buying it. I was trying it out on her computer because I don't have one. I like the program just can't afford a computer right now. So using the trial to learn until I can afford everything. Or I'll just download the full version when she falls asleep haha. Ya I think ill do that.

No point having a digital camera without a computer

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2

The trial version *IS* the full version. When you pay for it you get a registration code that is entered which makes the watermarks go away.

Seems pretty similar to a client who wants to remove a photographer's watermark -- "I like the pictures you took, and I plan on buying some prints, but in the meantime, can I get rid of the watermark?"

I love free stuff as much as the next guy, but it turns out that selling software is how these guys put food on their tables. You tried the software, and it sounds like you like the way it works, so you've now got all the information you need to decide whether you're going to buy it or not. Photomatix Essentials, at $39, ranks pretty high in the bang-for-your-buck category, IMO, but I agree with gsgary -- if you don't even have a computer yet, you're sort of putting the cart before the horse.

The trial version *IS* the full version. When you pay for it you get a registration code that is entered which makes the watermarks go away.

This^

All you have to do, is pay for the rights and they will issue you a registration code. Then you enter that code and the marks will be removed. The site provides sample bracketed photos that you can practice on instead of your own photos. It's suspicious to edit a photo with their software knowing the photo will be watermarked (which is clearly stated) and then look else where for the means to remove the mark.

I couldn't find the license terms anywhere on their website, but I don't really see how trying to clone the watermark out (is it one large one, or a bunch of small ones?) would make you a "pirate".

I downloaded the files (but didn't feel like actually installing it) - I didn't see any license terms in there either (just data files and installation instructions)... If it is "illegal" to clone out the watermark(s), I would think that would be one of the things they would make known.

Really though, just buy it. I mean, cloning watermarks out is going to get old real fast... The $40 or $100 it costs (depending on which version we're talking about) is probably worth it if you're going to use it for more than 2 or 3 pictures...

I couldn't find the license terms anywhere on their website, but I don't really see how trying to clone the watermark out (is it one large one, or a bunch of small ones?) would make you a "pirate".

It's natural for us to want to assign a degree to this sort of thing... after all, if we speed by 5mph, we're still speeding, but we don't usually consider that a big deal, and it's pretty easy to claim ignorance. When someone buys a radar detector, though, it's pretty clear that the intent is to be able to speed -- just like intentionally removing a watermark. We all recognize what the watermark is there for, so when you circumvent it on purpose, you're showing an above-average level of knowledge and will to defraud the owner of the watermark.

Sure, it's just a few bucks for the software, so if you want to make the case that's it's just a *little* piracy, that's 100% up to you, but I think the point is that you'd be using the software for free to do something the publisher really believes you should be paying for.

Most reactions

Back