Can someone tell me why....!!!

What's a good way to block a popup flash, but will still activate my ABs?

On the D7000 when i set mine to power commander mode and turn the cam flash to off (or "--"), it still fires but so far hasn't affected my pics.

WAIT WAIT WAIT "I used fresh duracells and then changed them out to fresh energizers." YES, that COULD be the problem!!!! I had a similar experience in the 1980's with Nikon MD-12 motor drives which would NOT WORK--at ALL, with one of those brands, but WOULD fire, great, with the other brand of alkalines!!! I bought like 24 batteries on sale, and loaded them into all 3 of my MD's....none of them would fire!!!!!!!!Some batteries have a teensy-tiny little "nipple" on the positive contact, while others do not.
Derrel I left the old batteries at my studio! :( I think they were the ones that came with the cactus. I was thinking it could be the new batteries because the triggers ARE talking to each other it's just the flash isn't firing!

It's 8 o'clock...

I beg to differ!!! ;)

Anyway, the answer is obvious. Get into a device that travels faster than light and enter the future. Here you get a time machine, with which you travel to the past - that is, the past when your equipment was working. Bring them back to your present, and problem solved.

You could try dialing down your flash but you can't block it because they need to see the light to trigger right. put a huge piece of white posterboard to try and bounce it up and away I guess.

Can you put the SB-600 Nikon flash on the cactus (the shoes) and see if that works or not? If that works, it maybe the connection between the AB and the receiver.

You could try dialing down your flash but you can't block it because they need to see the light to trigger right. put a huge piece of white posterboard to try and bounce it up and away I guess.
Ok thanks... I'll give that a try...

On the D7000 when i set mine to power commander mode and turn the cam flash to off (or "--"), it still fires but so far hasn't affected my pics.
Why does it still fire if you turn the flash off? I wonder if the d5000 has this option. Also if the flash goes off how does it not effect your pics?

Can you put the SB-600 Nikon flash on the cactus (the shoes) and see if that works or not? If that works, it maybe the connection between the AB and the receiver.
I already tried that and it still didn't fire. Both indicator lights go off but the flash doesn't... :(

A 'deflector' made of aluminum foil, or cardboard and black tape, etc. You need to shunt/funnel/channel/direct at least "some" of the flash toward the AB's slave trigger. I know it sounds hokey, but that's the way most people do it...they make some type of DIY device that fits over the pop-up flash, and which directs the light basically, sideways...how hokey it looks is largely up to your level of skill....if you're MacGuyver, it looks factory....if you're Dwight Shrute, it looks Gosh-awful...

Are you sure the settings on your AB are correct ? turn the cell off on the AB, your Ab should have come with a sinc cord use that

Sabrina how did it go did you save the day?

Also a mishap during a shoot today for about 10 minutes with my triggers as well...Kinda embarassing to tell you the truth. I had to power cycle and resync the pair and it seem to have resolved the issue.

How'd it go ?

Hope it turned out well for you.

Sabrina how did it go did you save the day?

Inquiring minds still 'wanna know
bigthumb.gif

Most reactions

Back