Can someone tell me why....!!!

It went well everyone... thanks for asking. :)
I used my lightscoop with my oncamera flash to trigger the AB's. I just had to blacken the on camera flash that shown in their pupils in post processing. Gary... whats a cell? Also i dont think the problem is with the abs, i think its the trigger

Also a mishap during a shoot today for about 10 minutes with my triggers as well...Kinda embarassing to tell you the truth. I had to power cycle and resync the pair and it seem to have resolved the issue.

How'd it go ?

What do you mean?? Power cycle? Resync the pair? What triggers do you have?

Another reason to buy good triggers and always have a sinc lead with you at all times

whats a sync lead?

Off camera flash cord - either the coiled kind that work with a camera mounted flash bracket, or the longer regular cable kind that let you position the flash further away from the camera via cable. Some wireless trigger setups also offer PC sync cord connection points which is another kind of offcamera flash cable.

That is the reason I stopped 'trying' to use my Cactus triggers. There is a reason they only cost $40...they are CHEAP.

I went with Cyber Sync triggers from AB and they work great.

I bought two sets of Pocket Wizards, before all of these cheap, Chinese-made fleabay triggers were on the market, and they have NEVER, EVER,EVER failed to work for me. Not one,single time. Some things a person just does not want to go cheap on...like tires....brakes...life jackets...and flash triggers...and if a person DOES wish to go for cheap flash triggers, then it's a darned good idea to have an entire replacement set, or two, on-hand at all times. I cannot count the number of posts from people whose cheap "Poverty Wizard" triggering systems have failed at a critical juncture, usually causing embarrassment, failure,humiliation,aggravation, loss of professional image, etc,etc. It seems to me that the majority of the lower-end triggering systems are nothing more than failure-prone Chinese-made junk...the Paul C. Buff company's CyberSync triggers seem to be about the only lower-cost trigger system that gets generally positive reviews; all the others seem to have a boatload of failure stories associated with them. For me, the peace of mind with Pocket Wizards is worth it: I KNOW they will ALWAYS fire. Always!

I used my lightscoop with my oncamera flash to trigger the AB's. I just had to blacken the on camera flash that shown in their pupils in post processing. Gary... whats a cell? Also i dont think the problem is with the abs, i think its the trigger

You are joking i hope, if you look on your AB there should be an optical device that detects flash how do you think your on camera triggered it

Thanks, great news. I was hoping it went well for you.

Also a mishap during a shoot today for about 10 minutes with my triggers as well...Kinda embarassing to tell you the truth. I had to power cycle and resync the pair and it seem to have resolved the issue.

How'd it go ?

What do you mean?? Power cycle? Resync the pair? What triggers do you have?

I use Pocket Wizards Flexx TT5 and Plus II. During this particular shoot I was using the Flexx TT5 which isn't as reliable as the Plus II b/c I wanted to a hotshoe setup for my flashes that day. I had some trigger problems with it so what I did is I power cycled them(turn off then back on) and I resync(reset the tranciever signals so they can talk) which fixed it. It's a known issue for the Canon compatible Flexx and Mini models where they didn't anticipate these models to have amplified noise due to the Canon flashes.

If you want reliable Pocket Wizards, go with the Plus II. Like Derrel, I have never been disappointed. As far as reliability is concern, it's a case where you actually don't get what you pay for(with the Canon compatible ones) as the Flexx and Mini are actually more expensive then the Plus II.

"sync lead" is British English for sync cord...there are a few words used in Britain and the UK that many Americans simply do not recognize. "mains" for electricity/electric current/wall power is a particularly baffling example for many Americans. The phrase "mains adapter" for example, flies right over the heads of most Americans. Same with the word "lead", which in the US is often used in reference to the heavy,dull gray metal used in bullets and fishing sinkers, or in the closest example to Bri'ish English, a lead is a rope tied to a horse for training or for "leading it" behind a walking,dismounted rider or trainer.

I'm so old, I still want to spell "synch" with an h, the way we did in the 1970's and 1980's. It used to be called X-synch speed, but the h has been dropped in recent years in popular spelling.

Another reason to buy good triggers and always have a sinc lead with you at all times

whats a sync lead?

Off camera flash cord - either the coiled kind that work with a camera mounted flash bracket, or the longer regular cable kind that let you position the flash further away from the camera via cable. Some wireless trigger setups also offer PC sync cord connection points which is another kind of offcamera flash cable.

i dont think my cactus came with one....

That is the reason I stopped 'trying' to use my Cactus triggers. There is a reason they only cost $40...they are CHEAP.

I went with Cyber Sync triggers from AB and they work great.

Im on their site now. Which onesdo you recommend i get? I want to be able to use them for my AB's and my speedlite

I bought two sets of Pocket Wizards, before all of these cheap, Chinese-made fleabay triggers were on the market, and they have NEVER, EVER,EVER failed to work for me. Not one,single time. Some things a person just does not want to go cheap on...like tires....brakes...life jackets...and flash triggers...and if a person DOES wish to go for cheap flash triggers, then it's a darned good idea to have an entire replacement set, or two, on-hand at all times. I cannot count the number of posts from people whose cheap "Poverty Wizard" triggering systems have failed at a critical juncture, usually causing embarrassment, failure,humiliation,aggravation, loss of professional image, etc,etc. It seems to me that the majority of the lower-end triggering systems are nothing more than failure-prone Chinese-made junk...the Paul C. Buff company's CyberSync triggers seem to be about the only lower-cost trigger system that gets generally positive reviews; all the others seem to have a boatload of failure stories associated with them. For me, the peace of mind with Pocket Wizards is worth it: I KNOW they will ALWAYS fire. Always!

hmmm pocket wizard or cyber sync? im debating now because im on a budget..hahaha. Hear any sob stories on the cybersyncs?

Thanks, great news. I was hoping it went well for you.
thanks sweetie! :hug::

Most reactions

Back