Can someone tell me why....!!!

It went well everyone... thanks for asking. :)
I used my lightscoop with my oncamera flash to trigger the AB's. I just had to blacken the on camera flash that shown in their pupils in post processing. Gary... whats a cell? Also i dont think the problem is with the abs, i think its the trigger

You are joking i hope, if you look on your AB there should be an optical device that detects flash how do you think your on camera triggered it

Huh?? I know that the ab's are triggered by the flash from my camera. I dont know what you are trying to say...

The only issue with the Cyber Sync is that the transmitter uses an odd battery. It's a flat 'watch' battery. It's not hard to find a replacement...but it's probably not something that you would have handy, like AA batteries.

At minimum, I'd recommend the 'CST Cyber Sync Transmitter' and the 'CSRB Receiver'. Those will trigger your AB lights or Speedlites or whatever. The receiver doesn't have a hot-shoe, so you would need to add their 'Speedlite Foot Adapter' which can be found on their Parts & Accessories page for $16. For your AB lights, you only need one receiver to trigger one light. The other will fire via the built-in optical slave trigger.
But if you want to fire multiple Speedlites, then you will need more receivers (and foot adapters).

If you have some money to spend...
Now, there is cool feature that you could integrate into your AB lights. You could get the Cyber Commander and a 'CSRB +' for each of your AB lights. Read about it here.

It went well everyone... thanks for asking. :)
I used my lightscoop with my oncamera flash to trigger the AB's. I just had to blacken the on camera flash that shown in their pupils in post processing. Gary... whats a cell? Also i dont think the problem is with the abs, i think its the trigger

You are joking i hope, if you look on your AB there should be an optical device that detects flash how do you think your on camera triggered it

Huh?? I know that the ab's are triggered by the flash from my camera. I dont know what you are trying to say...

Most studio flashes you can turn off the cell so it does not detect flash, this could be why your trigger will not work, the one with the trigger you turn off

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Most studio flashes you can turn off the cell so it does not detect flash, this could be why your trigger will not work, the one with the trigger you turn off
The only way to turn off the slave cell on AB lights, is to put a plug into the sync socket.

Ok you are obviously not reading whats going on... oh well ill just let it be...

The only issue with the Cyber Sync is that the transmitter uses an odd battery. It's a flat 'watch' battery. It's not hard to find a replacement...but it's probably not something that you would have handy, like AA batteries.

At minimum, I'd recommend the 'CST Cyber Sync Transmitter' and the 'CSRB Receiver'. Those will trigger your AB lights or Speedlites or whatever. The receiver doesn't have a hot-shoe, so you would need to add their 'Speedlite Foot Adapter' which can be found on their Parts & Accessories page for $16. For your AB lights, you only need one receiver to trigger one light. The other will fire via the built-in optical slave trigger.
But if you want to fire multiple Speedlites, then you will need more receivers (and foot adapters).

Now, there is cool feature that you could integrate into your AB lights. You could get the Cyber Commander and a 'CSRB +' for each of your AB lights. Read about it here.

You are always so helpful. I am ordering the cybersyncs now. :)

So there is a built in lightmeter in the cyber commander?
Should I get the battery or AC powered recievers?

Last edited:
whats a sync lead?

This is another joke ? your AB should have come with a lead that plugs into your camera and AB

Nope not joking. And no, not my camera. I have the d5000.

If one of your light are not too far from the camera, sync cord is more reliable. (yes, you can get a hotshoe to PC sync adapter). But then again, if your camera is not on the tripod and kids are running around all the time, radio trigger is better.

Note: Hotshoe to PC port is not too expensive and the sync cord as well. If you are using it professionally, maybe use that as a backup at least. unless you buy extra set of radio triggers.

The AC ones are really only good for studio lights, not for speedlites....so get the battery powered ones.

At minimum, I'd recommend the 'CST Cyber Sync Transmitter' and the 'CSRB Receiver'. Those will trigger your AB lights or Speedlites or whatever. The receiver doesn't have a hot-shoe, so you would need to add their 'Speedlite Foot Adapter' which can be found on their Parts & Accessories page for $16.

Ok you are obviously not reading whats going on... oh well ill just let it be...

It's you that does not understand

Can you borrow triggers to make sure it is not the lights before you buy, because it will be a bummer if they don't flash with new triggers because it could be the socket in the flash

Can you borrow triggers to make sure it is not the lights before you buy, because it will be a bummer if they don't flash with new triggers because it could be the socket in the flash

Well i figured since i tested the triggers on my speedlight (thats also in my OP) and it still didn't work. So i think its the triggers.

Most reactions

Back