Can someone try and ID this for me?

To anyone thinking of getting one, make sure you do your research, and when you think your done, do some more. If you get it right, theyre amazing critters.

Mark

To anyone thinking of getting one, make sure you do your research, and when you think your done, do some more.

Amen. And do not buy a Veiled as a pet if you want to be able to hold it. I have had 3 and none of them were friendly, my brother also had 2 and both were biters as well. In general they are just pissy lizards. Panthers and Jacksons make great pets and can become quite friendly.

almost looks like dwarf leaf chameleons, great deal you got whatever they are:thumbup:

Veiled can be "pissy lizards", but I was ery surprised when My grandmother bought my grandfather one for christmas one year taht was only used as a breeder and never held. This lizard thrived to be held..all day. He would claw at the glass (I know, not good to keep them in an aquarium) until his lights went ot for the night. He was amazing.

RIP Rex.

Mark

I had two veiled males who were polar opposites. One of them required a leather welders glove to get anywhere near him, and the other one would sit on my shoulder all day long if I let him. Overall, they do have poorer dispositions than most.

I agree. If your going to go with a chameleon, Id say get a panther. Good dispositions and the most spectacular colorations usually. I would reccommend www.chameleonsonly.com. Can anyone comment on post #4?

Mark

Well I guess not, but I do have good news. I have successfully Identified my new babies as Rudis Chameleons. (Chamaeleo trioceros rudis) They will only grow to be about 4-7". They are said to be pretty rare on the pet trade and generally make great pets. I've definately gotten my moneys worth with these little guys. I will keep you all updated. And I would still love to have a comment on post 4 if you would. Thanks.

Mark

Well I guess not, but I do have good news. I have successfully Identified my new babies as Rudis Chameleons. (Chamaeleo trioceros rudis) They will only grow to be about 4-7". They are said to be pretty rare on the pet trade and generally make great pets. I've definately gotten my moneys worth with these little guys. I will keep you all updated. And I would still love to have a comment on post 4 if you would. Thanks.

Mark

I like the idea, but I think seeing your whole thumb would help.

Also, a little more light on the left side so the picture was more evenly exposed would look a bit better too, IMHO.

Bottom of post #4:

I know the lighting is a litte harsh, disregaurs that and only comment on composition if you would? Thanks a million.

As far as photographic composition goes, the blue thing and out of level wood panelling in the background do nothing for this picture. All I am really getting is a sense of scale from your thumb. It's summer...take these guys outside, put them on a dark brown stick (or tree branch), and have some greenery just out of focus in the backgroud for a touch of pretty bokeh and proper contrast. Or do the same indoors with some houseplants in the background, just watch your ambient colors.

Most reactions

Back