Can somone tell me the difference in these?

fotogenik

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I am expecting a bonus check in the next couple of weeks so I been doin some shopping for some accessories I have been wanting.

I went looking for a polarizing filter and when I search at bhphoto I come up with this list.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?A=search&Q=&b=9&a=27_331&a=35_201&mnp=0.0&mxp=0.0&shs=&ci=115&ac=&Submit.x=12&Submit.y=13

Can somone explain what the difference is in these filters that would explain the multiple filters with prices varying from mid 30's to low hundreds?

Thanks,

You want a circular polarizer. The difference in price is the quality of the filter. The more expensive ones don't flare at all. B+W makes the best IMO.

BTW: You should change "general photo's" to "general photos" in the galleries of your website. It might communicate that you passed an english class of sorts.

DocFrankenstein said:
You want a circular polarizer. The difference in price is the quality of the filter. The more expensive ones don't flare at all. B+W makes the best IMO.

BTW: You should change "general photo's" to "general photos" in the galleries of your website. It might communicate that you passed an english class of sorts.

hehe thanks, english is not my strong suit

anyone else have opinons on brands?

DocFrankenstein said:

The grammar police strike again! :lol:

Sorry to hijack the thread here, but does anyone with B+W filters find you can't get the lens cover on with the filter attached? I have one and it's a 'slim' design so the clips on the lens cover don't have anything to grip onto. I'm looking for the rubber type that goes over the lens instead of clipping on, but can't find any for a 77mm filter size. I guess maybe B+W make their own covers, but was wondering if anyone else has the same problem?

ZaphodB said:
Sorry to hijack the thread here, but does anyone with B+W filters find you can't get the lens cover on with the filter attached? I have one and it's a 'slim' design so the clips on the lens cover don't have anything to grip onto. I'm looking for the rubber type that goes over the lens instead of clipping on, but can't find any for a 77mm filter size. I guess maybe B+W make their own covers, but was wondering if anyone else has the same problem?

Well, that's what the slim designs are made for. You make the compromise of not being able to attach lenscaps or filters to it for the advantage of not having vignetting at wide angles. If you wanted to use your lenscap with the filter attached, you should have gotten a normal design.

Ah thanks for clearing that up, I didn't actually buy the filter (was a gift).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back