Can this roll of film still be good?

Nimitz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
While getting ready for an upcoming garage sale I found an old Olmpus IS10 film camera with a roll of partially exposed Kodacrome 64 slide film in the camera.

The film in the camera is at least 5 years old and probably older since 2002 is about the time I purchased my first digital camera. How long can partially exposed film remian 'good' in a camera? I have no idea what the exposed images are of & I'm just trying to figure out if I should waste $12 to buy 2 new batteries to finish out the roll .... :er:

Depends on how (and where) it's been stored.
Temperature fluctuations and humidity play a big part.
I'd be more inclined to just get the partially exposed roll processed and see what you got.
But more tellingly, if you can't remember what's on it then it can't be important so why waste the money and not get it processed at all.

Develope it anyway. Sometimes the pics are amazing in itself. Shots of the past. Besides, you may find something in em you completely forgot about like the babie's first steps, Christmass past, or Grandma's rare visit... who knows.

Images on film that have not been processed, will degrade faster than if you took a picture today, on the same film and then had it processed.

With that... it isn't going to hurt anything to take a few more photos and then have it processed. Then you can see the difference.

By all means, take it in! If you get anything, just think of the mystery, and finding some old photos.

I was cleaning up two old cameras to get them ready to be mothballed. I found partially shot rolls in both, so I processed them. They were both taken on the tail end of a trip I took to Zion park in Utah, and for some reason I'd just forgotten them. I'd probably taken 10 of 24 exposures, so perhaps I assumed I'd finish off the rolls later and develop them.

They were about 5 years old and it was really nice to have them developed. Some were very spectacular shots of rock formations taken outside of the east park entrance.

If you're that worried about $12 I'm not sure how you survive as a photo enthusiast. Is there anything in photography that's cheap?? :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back