Can you give me some help?

KBM1016

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.autumnlightsstudios.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have this shot of my daughter in a rare, loving moment with her bunny. Too bad for me that it was so quick my focus was more on the bunny than her face :meh:

Anyone have an idea to help me fix this problem in Photoshop CS5?

_MG_1989 by Autumnlightsphotos, on Flickr

Very adorable subject! Not sure that you can do much about missing focus in post processing, but I would definitely consider re-shooting this. First impression wasn't on the focus, but rather on the strong green tint in this shot.

Yep, strong green tint for me, too.

As far as the focus, I would mask out the bunny and then run a smart sharpen on the rest of the image. Probably run it twice with the second one at a much lower pixel radius. If that doesn't get you where you want to be, again, use a layer mask and run a slight gausian blur on the any part of the image that looks sharper than your daughter.

Focus and the way we percieve if an image is sharp or not is more about apparent sharpness than actual sharpness.

Thank you, I must say, he comes from good stock! HAHA, anyway, yeah I wanted to get the focus right before I messed with any coloring. I will work on both the green tint and the sharpen.

Thanks!

1. Color balance adjustment layer, midtones -40 (about) on the magenta/green slider.

2. Sharpen tool at 50%, paint eyes, lips, nose, hair including flower, clothing. Be sure this is on a copy of the image layer, then you can mask bits that didn't sharpen well, or adjust overall layer opacity to blend with original image layer below.

3. Brighten/contrast adjustment layer, Brightness 32, Contrast -13, mask the whole thing off, then reveal just the eyes to bring out the blue again.

Note: This was applied to your 1024x683 JPG and worked well. Working with larger original image may be cause for different strengths or levels than given above.

Most reactions

Back