Can you help me decide?

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I want to create a calendar on Angels (graveyard statue angels, that is) this year, but am running out of horizontal takes, so now I need to also take statues that are not really angels as they don't have wings. And that is how I came about these two photos, taken on two different visits to Hamburg Ohlsdorf Cemetery (29 March and 17 May) this year, but obviously of the same statue.

Which would you choose for the calendar?

019.jpg

005.jpg

The first is closer, but the background has those many blown areas (not as many leaves on the trees in March as there were in May). The second is from a bit further away, but the bird poo on her back looks blown.

So ... which one?

First off, I love graveyard statue photos. Both shots are nice. :)

But, I agree. I like the lighting in #2 more, but I'm not sure, I think calendar-wise, the first might be better. Only because I can see a facial close-up appearing in a calendar. Maybe not... :lol:

The right side of my brain wanted the first image, but the left side wanted the second!

So after my brain had a civil-war, I think the South won!

Okay I'll stop being stupid, the reason I chose the 2nd is because you can actually tell what it is. If it wasn't for the title I could have mistaken number 1 for a man. I think number 2 is much more angelic as you can see the womanly qualities the statue has, and the lighting definitely makes this shot more heavenly.

Number 2 for me! :thumbup:

I keep being drawn to the first, calendar or no. The overexposure is only skightly distracting as the staute is so overpowering in and of itself.

I like number 1, and the over exposure (in this situation) is an easy fix in photoshop... if thats not a cardinal sin :)

I like number 1, and the over exposure (in this situation) is an easy fix in photoshop... if thats not a cardinal sin :)

That, exactly.

I like them both, but I think I like number 2 more. I like the lighting in it better. I also like how you can see more of the background and how it is unfocused. The background in number 1 kind of distracts, at least to me. Nice shots though :)

Both photos are lovely, but my personal preference is the first one. Opinions are pretty split so I'm not sure we're really helpful in making a decision. :)

Sounds like a great project. I'd love to see the rest of the photos.

I prefer the fist one, but it needs some extra depth. The background needs to be darker and the texture of the statue deserves more contrast and a bit more of saturation area by area.
Nice! :)

Most reactions

Back