Can you help me find this book?

botanica

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this question but here goes:

Several months ago, I was in a clothing store in a local shopping mall. While my companion was busily inspecting the store's merchandise, I started flipping through a book that was in the store -- I guess you could call it a coffee table book. It consisted entirely of photos of scenes from small town America in what I am guessing was the mid to late 1960's. It had images of things like supermarkets, retail stores, motel room interiors, office buildings, parking lots, houses, and street scenes. This was not a compilation of old photos from various photographers but the work of one photographer who wandered through small town America (I think it was in the Midwest but I could be wrong) at the time. It was beautifully photographed in color and the scenes, though they only captured mundane everyday life in these towns, were quite striking. I want to try to find a copy of the book but I can't remember the name of the book or the photographer. Does anyone have any ideas as to what the name of this book or the photographer might be?

Thanks,
Stuart

Most reactions

Back