Can you identify these antique cameras?

Pintoleite

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello, I'm new to the forum, this is my first post, sorry if it's in the wrong place, i thought this was the ideal category to post.

So, I am making an article about a movie, more specifically, about the penthouse of a character in the movie, Oldboy (2003).
I am identifying everything of the penthouse, dimensions, furniture, materials, ornaments and decoration.

I took screenshots of every angle possible of the cameras, in order to identify them. I need the names and model, so later i can 3D model these cameras.
So, who is an expert in antique photography?

1-
2-
3-
4-
5-
6-
7- Rolleiflex
rest-

http://s10.postimg.org/5jw8cqwpl/Cameras_woojin_identify.png

Thanks! :hail:

By the way, if you do not know this movie, it's one of the greatest asian movies made, from South Korea, if you have seen it, you know what I mean: Oldboy (2003)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you might get few responses because the images are indistinct and there are so many cameras that are quite similar.

Sorry,

I can't make out a lot from the photos and I'm not familiar with the large view (wooden box) cameras to identify any. I see what looks like a Kodak Brownie Bulls Eye to the left on the shelf, which is a midcentury 'faux' TLR.

If I take off my glasses and look up close! - then I can see what look like various viewfinders and/or rangefinders; there were similar looking cameras made by different manufacturers in that era. Besides those, to the left on the shelf sitting up a little higher I see some sort of black 'folder'. To the right I think I see the top of a Spartus press flash camera (has a round flashholder built-in on top of the camera whereas most were attached separately). I see one that could be an Argus C something-or-other? maybe? to the far right on the shelf.

In the right foreground I see the one the OP described as a Rollei and looks like a Rolleiflex or Rolleicord TLR - edit - but looks somewhat too like a Voigtlander Brillant... or a Ciroflex? just can't tell. To the left of that looks like a medium format camera of some sort, and to the right of that a camera that looks something like a Kodak Tourist or - I can't think what else it reminds me of.

Many of them look familiar but seem like they could be any one of a number of cameras that look similar and were mostly made in the early to mid 20th century. The wooden view cameras could probably be older than that.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back