Can you identify these pros' gear for me?

the video camera is a canon GL2, with a steady cam brace.. not a bad camera.. xl1 or 2 is way better, but also way more expensive.. i assume this is a wedding, the gl2 isnt really a wedding cam

C925-1090-P.jpg

I don't think it is one of the 1D lines, the battery pack at the bottom looks like a grip. I am almost positive it is the 5D as there does not appear to be a pop-up flash either.

That being said, I would be entirely creeped out if I was her LOL

Look carefully at the closeup-- the pack on the bottom is attached below the already 1D sized body-- combined with the wire running from the flash, it's almost certainly a flash battery back attached to the bottom.

I don't think it is one of the 1D lines, the battery pack at the bottom looks like a grip. I am almost positive it is the 5D as there does not appear to be a pop-up flash either.

That being said, I would be entirely creeped out if I was her LOL

Yes it is looks like she has wifi on the bottom sending shots back to a laptop

the video camera is a canon GL2, with a steady cam brace.. not a bad camera.. xl1 or 2 is way better, but also way more expensive.. i assume this is a wedding, the gl2 isnt really a wedding cam

C925-1090-P.jpg

Nope, Its a sony VX-2000, or 2100, or whatever in the 2xxx series, you can see sony(blurry) on the hand strap.

The replies you've received are correct as to the equipment she's using. She probably has one more zoom lense in her camera bag that would cover the 18-70mm range; so she can handle every standard wedding photo with her equipment. If you can afford the high price of her gear, then you will be optimizing the end results. But I have a suggestion: Start with a Nikon D80 and get two lenses for it from eBay - a Nikon 18-70mm Digital Lense and a Tamron 28-200mm film lense. All of this will cost about what she paid for her 70-300 Canon lense and will deliver outstanding sharpness and quick autofocus.

The Tamron 28-200 film lense when used on the Nikon D80 converts to a 55-480mm lense, which means you will have an 18-480mm range with just two lenses. For a flash, I recommend a Vivitar 283 with a Quantum battery pack (good for 350 images on one charge), and you'll need an accessory hot shoe with a pc post. Get a three foot pc cord so you can use the flash off camera.

Hope this helps!

Michael

Sorry, I've got to set some thing straight here.

You have used "crop factor" or "focal length multiplier" completely wrong.

A D80 has a factor of 1.5x, so you multiply the focal length by 1.5. This gives you the 35mm equivalent for the same field or angle of view.

So, a 28-200 would give the same field of view as a 42-300mm, And an 18-70 is equivalent to a 27-105mm.

total 35mm equivalent range:27-300mm, not the quoted 18-480.

As far as a wedding photographers choice of lenses, most consider any lens slower than f/2.8 unacceptable(or just unusable). Both lenses above are probably too slow for many situations, especially where flash cannot be used. I also don't see anything over 200mm being very useful at a wedding.

If I had to guess in here bag was a 24-70 f/2.8(possibly a 24-105), and a couple primes, one maybe being a macro.

i work weddings, at a banquet hall. im a server. and the other night, one of the photographers had that same rectanglure thingy atached to the bottom of his battery grip. he was using a gripped 40d, and like i said, has some big rectangular thingy just liek in the pic attached. i was really curiouse to was it was. he had a second flash, and a flash on the camera as well.... could it be some kinda radio for the second flash? or like someone else said it might have been batteries for the flash on the camra.

I think he was talking about what the man has in my pictures.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back