Can you spend just a few minutes to help me with a project?

AmyStevens

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi - I'm new to this forum. I'm not a great photographer but I do enjoy it (and don't do nearly enough of it!) Everyone here seems really engaged in the world of photography and I'm hoping you can help me with a project for school.

My MBA team at UCI (university of california, irvine) is doing our final marketing project on cameras since we all enjoy photography. We've set up a short online survey to collect anonymous data to use for our report.

If you are willing to help us, we'd appreciate it so much! It should only take about 10 minutes to fill out the survey. If you (optionally) submit your name, we'll acknowledge you in our final report, and I'll post a link to the report in my profile for all to see.

Here's the survey: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=886823922108

Thanks for your consideration.

(please note: the data we collect is for educational purposes only. this is not meant to be a comprehensive or scientific survey, we are just trying to learn something about photo enthusiasts' cameras and habits, and gather some opinions and impressions about brands. we won't sell the data, you don't have to provide an email address, and we aren't tracking the respondents.)

Did it. Pretty good survey, but I'd try not to be so biased for Canon/ Leica brands. that section seemed irrelevant. I look forward to the report. when do you think it will be done?

Sorry, I should have been more specific. Our assignment is to compare two companies, and we selected Canon and Leica. That's why there a section specifically on those. I should be able to post the report by June 3. Thanks for participating!

Ahh makes sense. then I gave you some good stuff to work with. I tried to give precise and short yet accurate answers ot the write ins.

I have some feedback on the survey after taking it, if you're interested. I know its probably a little late to make any changes, but they may help with your project down the line.

In the section about buying the camera, when buying higher end camera systems, the lenses become almost as big of a purchase as the body itself, and it may be worthwhile to have questions about that too. For instance, I bought my camera body from someone not online, but the lenses were bought online, and I was somewhat unsure of how to answer that question. Not being sure if the lenses are included in the buying of my camera is also causing some confusion down the line, for instance it shoots the cost from 2600 to over 5000.

My suggestion would be simple change of terms. I would use either camera body or camera system. Though this is also changing the survey to my personal tastes and the advice may not be relevant to enough people hold true.

Thanks, that's actually very helpful. I may consider adding a few questions or running a new survey.

Most reactions

Back