Canada Shopping

Artemis

Just Punked Himself
Reaction score
Website
www.falcon-eye.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Im going to canada soon, as you all may or may not know, and ive planned to do some heavy duty shopping.

Although I wont have much (About $500 canadian dollars) I intend to buy a guitar, a Flashgun, and a macro lens...

Ive tried finding out about Macro lenses...but found it hard, so yet again I am asking the advice of my fellow TPF people.
Please, any info on what to get Flash gun and Lens wise, and if you need more info please ask and yee shall recieve.
Its for my Canon 300D, and I AM open to alternatives if they yield the same results...

sigma 105mm 2.8 ex. definitely the best for the price. there was a macro lens comparison in Photography Monthly's june issue (i think it was june) and that one scored very well, but ended up being their favorite because of the price. i think it's the lowest priced 2.8 macro lens in the 100mm range that is good. i runs for about 345 USD.

Where in Canada are you coming to? To visit family?

Why come all the way here to buy a guitar? It seems that the hassle to get it back across the pond, still intact, would not be worth any savings you might get.

$500 CDN will not carry you all that far. As said, the least expensive macro lens is $345 US...which will probably be $400 CDN. That does not leave you much for anything else. Maybe if you find a good used shop, you could get a good deal...but I don't think that things would be much cheaper than in the UK. If you were going to the US, you might find better deals.

:( I guess your right, but I just cant afford a guitar here...hehe not sure what to do now....extension tubes? I really want a lens where I can be very close...and dont have to be far away...

You can buy a macro coupler for less than $20. They are a screw in adapter that lets you reverse mount a lens onto another. Some people have even reverse mounted lenses without the adapter.

Of course, that gets you really, really close...maybe too close for what you are thinking.

Most reactions

Back