Canadian Nikon Pricing: Deals for US Customers?

cgw

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
With our loonie hovering around US$.75, Nikon products have become something of a bargain for US customers. The current Nikon Canada "Back to School" promo on till mid-September and sell-thru rebates offered to select dealers have delivered some nice pricing for us--and even better deals for American buyers.

Sites like photoprice.ca are worth a look. Shops like Aden Camera(a Nikon Canada-authorized dealer) in Toronto offer some of the lowest Nikon pricing in Canada.

Examples? A D7200 body for C$1135, which works out to around US$851. There appears to be Nikon "international" one year warranties offered now, which are presumably valid with Nikon USA.

There appears to be Nikon "international" one year warranties offered now, which are presumably valid with Nikon USA.
Nope.
If you're in the US and buy a Nikon DSLR/lens product from a store in Canada plan on sending it to Canada for warranty work.

There appears to be Nikon "international" one year warranties offered now, which are presumably valid with Nikon USA.
Nope.
If you're in the US and buy a Nikon DSLR/lens product from a store in Canada plan on sending it to Canada for warranty work.

Not so sure about that since it will work for me in the States, something I've not seen to date.

:(

I'm Canadian.

Just cross the boarder and order from here.

Problem solved!

As a Canadian I think I will move to the US, get a job there makes some money buy all the Nikon equipment I need and then come back home to sweet ole Canada.
I will save Sooo much money :1219:

Seriously, now that our Loonie is so weak this is a great chance to our southern brothers to raide our stores or just travel here, lots of the American film industry is working here, we look the same, talk the same, behave mostly the same but in a 25% discount :1251:

I have to drive south to get to Canada ... just sayin'

I should look and see what the d750 costs even refurb'd.
Shipping back to Canada isn't much of a problem for me other than the shipping costs.

Seriously, now that our Loonie is so weak this is a great chance to our southern brothers to raide our stores or just travel here, lots of the American film industry is working here, we look the same, talk the same, behave mostly the same but in a 25% discount :1251:
Lots of the American film industry were born there. ;)

Unfortunately, I'm far enough away that I have to rely on shipping to actually get the goodies, so all those savings just go to UPS, USPS, or Fed Ex.

Could you guys pick up a denim jacket or two while you're up there?

(love how Canadians are COMPLETELY unaware of that stereotype)

Nope.

Not so sure about that since it will work for me in the States, something I've not seen to date.
Nikon USA Service will not work on any Nikon gear that does not have a US serial number. Not under warranty, and not for pay.

Nikon authorized repair shops can work on whatever they want to work on.

IIRC, because of Canadian law Nikon has to use a warranty in Canada that is different in several aspects from it's US or International warranty.

IIRC, because of Canadian law Nikon has to use a warranty in Canada that is different in several aspects from it's US or International warranty.
This is the impression I got - a one year warranty for outside (Canada) purchases, but it's a Canadian thing - not the US. I was a blurb on the nikon.ca web site, though the page was for a specific lens ("this lens is covered by the new Canadian warranty . . .").

Most reactions

Back