Canadian Student

christopher

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.djedhi.net
Hello, I just found this forum and I registered as soon as possible! this place is great, I've learned a few things already and I only registered/found this place last night.

Anyways, I'm a first year college student who is interested in majoring in photography. I am going to Alberta College of Art and Design in Calgary Alberta Canada. Seeing that this is my foundation year (I take a variety of courses to peak my interests) I just started developing/printing in the darkroom and I fell in love. Hopefully I will be able to share some assignments here.

I have been taking pictures for a while, but recently (the last 3 years) I have been using my fathers SLR and a few friends digital cameras. I've took pictures in highschool, but only for simple projects (http://www.djedhi.net/pictures/photos/skool/) nothing spectacular. The school made me use a digital camera and computer, I prefer my good old SLR, she's my baby. I have no pictures from the darkroom posted yet, because I've only started this year and previous attempts (way back in the day in grade 10, were pretty bad). Rediscovering photography in college has been amazing! This is something I wish to follow through into a career choice, I found a passion in life and that doesn't happen often.

Anyhoo, cheers! and thanks for the awesome forum!
(yeah, my nick is my name, just call me Chris)

Hey Chris welcome to the forum. I'm always glad to see fellow Canuks. One day we might actually outnumber the aussies, but I doubt it.
Nice work btw. Look forward to seeing some more!

hey ya chris,

Its great that you've found your passion, and super to have you on board here. I look forward to seeing your posts!

cheers!

thanks for the warm welcome!
on monday after school I'll scan some stuff, monday is my photography class, we have studio courses and they are 6 hours long. So we learn a lot each class, it's awesome.

Welcome Chris!
This forum has the greatest members and there's a wealth of info' available plus the inanities from people like me.
Have fun!

welcome chris!
and i think we have far more mooseheads than aussies now
we are just so much larger than life that we appear more in number

Most reactions

Back