Candice the Teacher

GHP

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.gordonhowephotography.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Candice is a teacher in Guatemala who is upgrading her education here in Canada. We did a few poses to try to show her 'teacher' side.

DDD_0866c.jpg

DDD_0973a.jpg

the second one looks like she's bending over too much...but they're both great. awesome "stock photo" look.

I think these look great! Question about the second one though - did you PS the white background in? It could be that it's the resized version, but some of the edges seem a little jagged, especially on the chair and her right shoe.

Technically very good, thanks for sharing.

The one thing that jumps out at me is that in the first one, her face looks wider than it probably is. Maybe it's just her expression but she looks much better when she smiles.

I think these look great! Question about the second one though - did you PS the white background in? It could be that it's the resized version, but some of the edges seem a little jagged, especially on the chair and her right shoe.

I did select the background with the magic wand and lightened it up. It looks OK in the full size image but yes, it does look jagged in the small version. It was shot against white seamless but I didn't throw quite enough light on it.

Technically very good, thanks for sharing.

The one thing that jumps out at me is that in the first one, her face looks wider than it probably is. Maybe it's just her expression but she looks much better when she smiles.

I agree, she does have a great smile. I did, and always do, try to get a few 'different' smiles. I don't like it when I have a number of images of a person when they all have the same facial expression.

thanks for all the comments, I appreciate the input.

When someone bites their nails, it's probably not a good idea to do a shot that focuses on her hands, which is why I prefer the 2nd one. ;)

(Actually, the one with her in the holiday hat that you posted elsewhere is still my favorite.)

When someone bites their nails, it's probably not a good idea to do a shot that focuses on her hands, which is why I prefer the 2nd one. ;)

(Actually, the one with her in the holiday hat that you posted elsewhere is still my favorite.)

That's an excellent point. It wasn't until I was editing the shots that I noticed her nails. I cleaned them up a bit too! I just like the pose and the shot regardless but you are correct. There are so many things to watch for and think about during a shoot.

Excellent shots! Having both taught in a classroom and shot teachers as a photographer I find that the poses fit perfectly. The "teacher look" and the eyes are great. Technically these are great as well in lighting, background and exposure. Unfortunate about the nails, but that it also typical of a lot of female teachers too.

skieur

Most reactions

Back