Candid Family Shoot Today

i had an SB-600 as backup, but it cannot be shot wirelessly. WB is perfect IMHO. It's what I was going after. my theory is to capture mood, not TECHNICAL perfection. i will purposely mess with balance for my art. but thank you. tirediron, i shoot people, not buildings and fighter jets!!! :)

...WB is the last thing i care about!!! LOL

WB should be the first thing you think about, there must be something wrong with your SB600 because it is very easy to fire wirelessly

I use it both for my AB's and for the SB-600 and now I have a 900 that I am sure it will work with. I mean if your using cybersyncs from Paul C Buff you should have no issues.

my only issue is the 900 likes to shut off if it gets too hot! 1/1 power for too many shots is my fault i guess. but, it was sure not fun today!!!

Actually it wont matter if you dial down power on it, the SB900 is a power sucking demon and overheats like a biotch. I have heard that getting a battery pack helps with this but have yet to test it out.

i had an SB-600 as backup, but it cannot be shot wirelessly. WB is perfect IMHO. It's what I was going after. my theory is to capture mood, not TECHNICAL perfection. i will purposely mess with balance for my art. but thank you. tirediron, i shoot people, not buildings and fighter jets!!! :)

...WB is the last thing i care about!!! LOL

Thats the only way I use my 600.

i know the SB-600 can be used wirelessly...but NOT the way i do it. it's simple for me. i just plug in the receiver to the PC sync, switch to manual flash 1/4 power usually, and go...AP or Manual, depending on what i am going after and the time i have.

I DO CARE about WB, i put "LOL" after that statement. it's just i care more about golden warm tones more than perfect balance...sometimes and depending on what the photo says to me.

thanks again guys/gals. thanks for looking...

Most reactions

Back