Candid people on the street shots

It's Chicago. That shot was taken HERE. I love Google Maps. :)
That looks like google Earth overlayed with google maps, I didn't know they did that. awesome!

as for the photos, I like candid shots, and these are nice. Its nice to see ordinary people doing ordinary things in shots that are thought out and well composed.

one day i'll work out the embarrassment of taking candids of people who aren't my friends...

Great capture of #1 :D.
He probably thinks he did something wrong earlier in the day or that week, and now you've come to catch him in the act.... Probably ruined his lunch, his day and his week. I work in construction in NYC, If I saw you pointing that monstrosity at me while I'm working "Traffic Control" my first thoughts would be.... "Oh S#!T, What did I do Now!!!" Kudos on that one :mrgreen:

Jack
I never thought of that. He probably did think I was a PI or someone sent there to spy on the site, hence the glare. Too funny.

That second picture is really nice with the separation of the subject and the background. He is so crisp!

That looks like google Earth overlayed with google maps, I didn't know they did that. awesome!
Check this link out: CLICK

Hopefully it works. This is the exact intersection. When this street level view was shot the corner wasn't under full construction yet. Kind of cool. Hopefully that link worked the way I expected it to (360 degree street level view).

I love Street View! I play with it all the time.. That link you provided reminded me what a city looks like. I forgot! I'd love to live closer to the city for the photographic opportunities it provides.. I'd imagine my rural surroundings would be inviting for some for the same reason, but I'm bored with it.

That second picture is really nice with the separation of the subject and the background. He is so crisp!
Thanks. :)

I wasn't sure if I wanted to spring for the extra cash to get the f/2.8 and the IS. But after seeing the results of the pics that lens takes (both came into play for this shot) I couldn't be happier with my purchase.

The only negative I could find about the lens was that it was too heavy. That doesn't appear to be a problem for me yet as I love lugging this thing around.

The DOF with the f/2.8 is nothing short of amazing. I can't wait to see what it looks like on a FF camera.

What is that lens, about $1200?

Check this link out: CLICK

Hopefully it works. This is the exact intersection. When this street level view was shot the corner wasn't under full construction yet. Kind of cool. Hopefully that link worked the way I expected it to (360 degree street level view).
Yes it did. Horrible lens flare to the south :) but cool none the less.

What is that lens, about $1200?

Close... click [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Canon-70-200mm-2-8L-Telephoto-Cameras/dp/B00006I53X/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1234544785&sr=8-4"]HERE[/ame] to see the actual damage.

You might want to be sitting down when you click that link. :lol: Well, there are more expensive lenses, obviously, but that one is probably the most I'll spend for a while on a single lens.

Most reactions

Back