Candid

Tuna

Fotoğrafçı
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Candid.jpg

Even with such a busy background, you have isolated your man nicely. Great composition.

Like it.. as said nicely isolated and captured, even a bit of smoke - also very sharp, quite a long focal length i take it?

Color Tuna? Great shot. I feel like I know this guy (I think I used play on his lawn). Fantasic character catch and superb detail.

Folks - thank you for your responses.

Like it.. as said nicely isolated and captured, even a bit of smoke - also very sharp, quite a long focal length i take it?

This was taken using a Voigtlander 75/2.5 Color-Heliar lens.

Tuna

Even with such a busy background, you have isolated your man nicely. Great composition.

+1

except for this old fella.... I could make a case for using one of my less sharper lenses...:lol:

Folks - thank you for your responses.

This was taken using a Voigtlander 75/2.5 Color-Heliar lens.

Tuna

Nice! I've been looking at the Bessa range of rangefinders recently and i'm temped but shots like this make me even more so.

*just thought i'd add that i meant because the lenses look really nice, sharp etc.. not because the camera got the shot, the guy behind it did - in case it came over wrong*

The guy seems completely unaware of your presence, allowing you to capture a perfectly natural expression rarely seen in such a close up portrait shot.

tuna, nice shot. do you pre focus and shoot from the hip? or just in and out real quick?

tuna, nice shot. do you pre focus and shoot from the hip? or just in and out real quick?

Usually pre-focus - I rarely shoot from the hip. In this case, I remember having the camera to my face, pretending to be interested in something past him in the distance until he relaxed - at which time I managed to focus and shot a few shots with this one being the best.

Tuna

I really can't comment on this photo as I see nothing wrong with it (awesome work), but I am interested to know what sort of settings you used. Really, just what aperture if you remember. I'm trying to learn what sort of look equates with what sort of number, you know?

I really can't comment on this photo as I see nothing wrong with it (awesome work), but I am interested to know what sort of settings you used. Really, just what aperture if you remember. I'm trying to learn what sort of look equates with what sort of number, you know?

This would have been shot as wide open as possible (2.5 - 4) given the relatively bright light. That would be to achieve a narrow depth-of-field. For me, cloudy days are best for shooting this way during the day as my camera (Leica MP) only goes as high as 1/1000 on the shutter.

Tuna

Most reactions

New Topics

Back