Candle, p'shop before and after

GeorgeUK

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.pbmwforum.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Simple image I took this weekend just in the living room.

Original...
candle1.jpg

With a touch of p'shopping - cropping/contrast.
candle2.jpg

A touch more p'shopping - cropping/contrast/sharpness
candle3.jpg

Any advice/criticism/opinions much appreciated. :)

That's quite a cool effect! Thanks.

Here's photo 3 with a border, makes it look a little better I think. :)

candle4.jpg

Ahh God no I hate people who post photos with borders around. Very dull, clunky and distracting away from the photo. It's a webpage not a living room wall. No offence to you personally George, I just think borders on the web are annoying.

Nice PS skills, makes a slight difference and really works :)

Ahh God no I hate people who post photos with borders around. Very dull, clunky and distracting away from the photo. It's a webpage not a living room wall. No offence to you personally George, I just think borders on the web are annoying.

i disagree, i think some times the right size border can really add to the image. I dont think its distracting at all. thats just my opinion though

I understand where you're coming from and I have to admit I was dubious of it as well, however seeing some of the photos on here has made me change my mind. It works better on some photos than other. No offence taken at all :)

The second PS version (third photo shown - later also as a framed version) actually is the best. Well done. Nice motif. You now have a Christmas card for next year! :D You can make your own cards and send them out early! :D

And it is a pity to hear that pm63 hates me. He does not even know me. Nor do I know HIM (her?). It is a pity pm63 hates the persons who put frames round their finished works for web presentation and not just the fact that they have decided to do so... And hates them even, which is a pretty strong sentiment! Ah well........
confused-smiley-013.gif

The second PS version (third photo shown - later also as a framed version) actually is the best. Well done. Nice motif. You now have a Christmas card for next year! :D You can make your own cards and send them out early! :D

Thanks for the feedback! :)

And it is a pity to hear that pm63 hates me. He does not even know me. Nor do I know HIM (her?). It is a pity pm63 hates the persons who put frames round their finished works for web presentation and not just the fact that they have decided to do so... And hates them even, which is a pretty strong sentiment! Ah well........
confused-smiley-013.gif

I wouldn't take it personally :lol:

Most reactions

Back