CANNON or NIKON?

They also managed to cut a square into 10 times 50 pieces and reassembled it into a circle. :D

P.s.: Sorry, of course 10 to the power of 50 pieces. 1 and 50 zeros as a number, not just 500.

Last edited:
Nikon for stills, Canon for video. This is the best broad answer to your extremely broad question.

On the lower end cameras, they're both pretty much identical. The main difference once you get to the D7000 level and higher are the controls advantage of Nikon. The two commands wheels right on your shooting hand make adapting on the fly extremely easy. Canon's cameras feel clunky by comparison in my hands. I absolutely hate that scroll wheel and I hate having to dig through menus for features I should be able to assign to a button. Also, I really hate that I have to make three clicks just to see my histogram on image playback.

Within your price range and photographic abilities, you won't see much difference in the images they produce, but the controls and layout on the Nikons are far superior IMO.

I'm sure the Canon fanboys who've never shot with a Nikon will now vociferously complain.

On the lower end cameras, they're both pretty much identical. The main difference once you get to the D7000 level and higher are the controls advantage of Nikon. The two commands wheels right on your shooting hand make adapting on the fly extremely easy. Canon's cameras feel clunky by comparison in my hands. I absolutely hate that scroll wheel and I hate having to dig through menus for features I should be able to assign to a button. Also, I really hate that I have to make three clicks just to see my histogram on image playback.

Within your price range and photographic abilities, you won't see much difference in the images they produce, but the controls and layout on the Nikons are far superior IMO.

I'm sure the Canon fanboys who've never shot with a Nikon will now vociferously complain.

Yeah, it's so crazy to me. It's like "hey Canon, didn't you realize when you had to build in a lock button to turn off your aperture control wheel, because people constantly inadvertently bump it and change settings without realizing it, that your layout isn't the greatest?"

Though I will say I generally prefer Canon's menu system. Though you should rarely ever need a menu system if your camera is setup right in the first place.

There is nothing wrong with sony. Your going to start to see more Sony shooters around. While all you "non Sony users" take your eyes off the viewfinder to make adjustments, I would have already made the adjustments in my viewfinder and taken the shot. :p Who knows? Coulda been the bride and groom kissing that you just missed. :lol:

Move along people!

Nothing to see here!

... and please, please, a suggestion for the forum admins/moderators: Ban everyone who has got too many of those n letters.

Get a little cannon........ it's easier to carry in a crowd.

402140869.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back