Cannot load CS into MAC--error

Coralguy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Ok, so I wiped the 'ol mac and put OS 9 back on. Well, was a bit of a problem but it is there. I tried to put photoshop CS back on and I get an error. It says, "CarbonLib--CFURLCreateCopyAppeningPathComponent" could not be found.
Any ideas? It is a mac G4 running OS 9.0.4. Strange thing.... I loaded the Power Mac G4 disc, then when I put in the Mac OS 9 disk, it said it could not load it. Go figure.... I just want to get CS back on and going.
I can't even install Adobe reader, I get an error with that! What's going on?

My response is this.

Macincrash.
Macintrash.
Crapple.
Macinsmash.

u said u had a problem putting o/s9 back on , i would say thats ur problem there make sure ur o/s is ok first , i have very limited experience with o/s9 i use tiger osx on all my macs, i would re install the o/s and download all availiable updates before u load any 3rd party software to ur mac, dont worry its something silly.
the mac is the best platform to work on i have both and the mac is far superior to the pc in every way well imho and most professionals who need real time power
put osx tiger on ur mac if u can get it, it runs fine on my g3's g4's and g5's its that good!
peace
vim

EBphotography said:
My response is this.

Macincrash.
Macintrash.
Crapple.
Macinsmash.

....but none of those are helpful...... and macs are far from crap.

I'v seen a CarbonLib error before.... but it was a few years ago... and i cant remember what it was...... Best thing to do tho is to search google for 'CarbonLib error' and see if you can find more info from mac forums etc.

I was just kidding Arch...yeesh. Our school has had trouble with our Macs and those are names I have heard, just a joke dude.

no worries.... just can be frustrating for the person with the problem to have a micky taking response when in desperate need of help.... cuz he may not want to come back!..... ;) .... but no harm done.

Thanks guys,

Wife uses the macs, I have limited exp with them. Someone told me that CS won't work with OS9. I'm fairly sure 9 was on there before, that's the only os I can find around here. Wife thinks OSX was on it. I can't find the box for anything.
At least I still have it on the laptop...

Check this out...

http://web.intuit.com/support/quicken/2003/mac/573769.html

MAC OS 9 fresh install is pretty old and probably needs some patching in order to meet the min. requirements to run certain apps.

I was a Windows user since 3.1. I can't tell you how many times my Windows machines crashed and blue screen'd... How about that Windows ME? or that 98 release... crap...

usayit said:
Oh btw.... Not very experienced with OS 9 but my buddies all tell me that OS X was good jump in quality.

I would have to agree. OS9 is too old now. You will be running up against this all the time when getting new software. Go Tiger and after a little while getting used to it you will not look back.

Coralguy said:
Ok, so I wiped the 'ol mac and put OS 9 back on. Well, was a bit of a problem but it is there. I tried to put photoshop CS back on and I get an error. It says, "CarbonLib--CFURLCreateCopyAppeningPathComponent" could not be found.
Any ideas? It is a mac G4 running OS 9.0.4. Strange thing.... I loaded the Power Mac G4 disc, then when I put in the Mac OS 9 disk, it said it could not load it. Go figure.... I just want to get CS back on and going.
I can't even install Adobe reader, I get an error with that! What's going on?

You're running OS9? ew.

CS2 doesn't work with OS9. The latest version you can use is Photoshop 7.

Most reactions

Back