I am Big, I am Mike
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.mikehodson.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hands on review HERE. I took out some of the highlights...looks so good.

The metering system is 63 zone, and there are now 19 high-precision cross-type autofocus sensors
The shutter has four release modes – Single, High Speed, Low Speed and Silent. High is normally 10FPS, and low 3FPS, but each can be customized. Low can be set to between 1 and 9 FPS and High between 2 and 10 FPS.

Silent is a new mode that is quite effective in reducing shutter noise. It does this by separating the shutter actuation and mirror rise from mirror return and recocking. The mirror will stay up as long as you hold down the shutter release. This means that you can take a shot, turn away, and then let the mirror return when out of earshot. Even just separating them by a fraction of a second makes the sound less noticeable. Nicely done and very effective. I don't know of any SLR, film or digital, that has a more quiet shutter release mode.
Canon cameras have been as good as if not arguable better than any other manufacturer's DSLRs when it comes to low noise at high ISO. One can also quibble as to whether the Canon 5D has been the best yet (my opinion), but there will be no argument that with the MKIII Canon has now exceeded what has come before, and has set a new benchmark for low noise

Back Focus Adjustment.
The battery is Lithium Ion and less than half the size of the previous battery. It's also much lighter.
Canon has adopted a vibrating cover plate method of sensor cleaning.
The MKIII's viewfinder is claimed to be a complete redesign, with a larger pentaprism. It provides 100% coverage and is big and bright.
Highlight Tone Priority.
14 Bits.
In addition to all of the regular menu setting screens there is a My Menu screen, which can be user customized.
Live View...But, there's more! Wonder of wonders Canon has provided a live histogram.

Hands on review HERE. I took out some of the highlights...looks so good.

Back Focus Adjustment.
The battery is Lithium Ion and less than half the size of the previous battery. It's also much lighter.
Canon has adopted a vibrating cover plate method of sensor cleaning.
The MKIII's viewfinder is claimed to be a complete redesign, with a larger pentaprism. It provides 100% coverage and is big and bright.
Highlight Tone Priority.
14 Bits.
In addition to all of the regular menu setting screens there is a My Menu screen, which can be user customized.
Live View...But, there's more! Wonder of wonders Canon has provided a live histogram.

Yeah, that all sounds very impressive, but does it have a right click button?

Most reactions

Back