Canon 1ds (non-MarkII)

usayit

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
North New Jersey, United States of America
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Does anyone here still shoot with the original 11 mp Canon 1ds? Just curious how it has faired over the years and how it now compares to the 10-11 mp cameras of today. I'm sure handling of noise at higher ISOs has been improved since its release 5 years ago but I'm curious just how much things have improved... especially at iso 800 and 1250.

I would like to know this as well. Been interested since the price isn't terrible for a 11mp dSLR.

I would expect it to be on par with some of the worse ones like the D200. It did have the large sensor advantage but as you have pointed out that was 5 years ago. Certainly the new D3 has far better noise for a similar pixel size.

I tried finding samples on review sites but found nothing above ISO400, all ISO1250 shots were photos of grey cards.

thanks garbz... hopefully more info will roll in. I found one that I'm considering as a backup... but I can't decide for the life of me

Hi, could you take a card and a lens and go and try it? After taking a range of shots, go to a camera store and do the same with whatever you want to compare on the same card (assuming that the two cameras take the same card). Download the photos and report back. ;)

Great Idea.... Unfortunately, it is a pretty good drive to the shop. I'll see if I can get to it on Monday or Tuesday (my days off).

Most reactions

Back