Canon 20D ?

laura904

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi i just got a Canon 20D digital SLR camera as a gift and my friend gave me a Tamron 24-74 2.8 zoom lens to go with it. she said its used on Nikon to.

Has anyone ever used this camera before? is it good for photography? I heard its pretty nice but i want to know what everyone thinks. I also was wondering what kind of photo editing i could use. something not expensive. just something temporary right now. I do have this program called Irfanview.
i'm so excited i cant stand myself but should i be working myself up for this?

I absolutely LOVED my 20D. I bought it when it first came out and used it up until just before the 50D came out, then upgraded to the 40D. It's a great camera that I got a PILE of great shots with. Go ahead and be excited - you've got a terrific camera to work with.

As for the editing software, I can't really help you with that so much. I use Photoshop CS4, but it's not cheap. I hear that Gimp is a good one and free. Photoshop Elements is not very expensive and a lot of people seem completely satisfied with that as well. I'm sure others will be able to give you better info on that aspect.

I agree that the Canon 20D is a great camera. It's what I'm using now, actually. (Until I upgrade to the 7D or the 5D MKII). I know you'll have a lot of fun with it.

"my friend gave me a Tamron 24-74 2.8 zoom lens to go with it. she said its used on Nikon to."

Did your friend tell you this lens works on a Nikon and a Canon or did I miss understand your first sentence?

"my friend gave me a Tamron 24-74 2.8 zoom lens to go with it. she said its used on Nikon to."

Did your friend tell you this lens works on a Nikon and a Canon or did I miss understand your first sentence?
I think they ment The brand tamron fits nikon and canon mounts
implying Nikon is better than canon? or that she wanted a nikon

The 20D is still a great camera, despite being several years old now.

As long as the lens fits and works on your camera, it should be a good one for you.

Irfanview is a useful (free) program for viewing, renaming, organizing your images...but I don't think it's much of an image editor. Look into Photoshop Elements.

she said its used on Nikon to.
And other brands too. All Tamron has to do is put the corresponding mount on the lens. Your version has a Canon so it won't fit directly onto a Nikon.

Canon has 2 mounts in use today the EF-S and the EF (since 1987)

Nikon has the F-mount. (since 1959)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back