Canon 24-70 f4 is OR sigma 24-105 f4 os?

Which lens

• Canon 24-70 L f4

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • Sigma Art 24-105 f4

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters

Rahb

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Trying to decide between canon 24-70 L f4 IS or the Sigma 24-105 Art f4 OS.

Art has more range (but I have a 79-200)

Canon has macro (not that I will always use it)

Weather seal doesn't mater to me, and the body I have is crop. Canon 70D

Any input?

$100 difference.

Generally I'd take the canon. Just bear in mind that you'll probably need another lens if you want a wide angle on that crop sensor

Personally, I would go with the Sigma Art. It's considerably sharper wide open across the entire frame than the Canon is. You also get another 35mm of zoom, which is better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.

This may help you make a decision. Look at the scores, then click "Measurements" > "Sharpness" > "Field Map". Compare both lenses side by side at the same apertures and focal lengths. The Sigma certainly has the edge optically.

Last edited:
I have a sigma 17-50 f2.8 and a sigma 70-200 f2.8

Don't use the wide all that often. I'll still have it though.

Sometimes the 50 is limiting. Was thinking of getting an L lens and see if its any sharper, but I hear the ART lens is sharp.

Decisions decisions.

Didn't know ifrom anyone had tried the two and preferred one over the other. Both reviews make them sound appealing.

In the past couple of years the 3rd party manufacturers have really upped their game and are now longer considered the poor man's alternative as they were in decades past. The Art line of lenses are superb and great value. Tamron's 70-200mm VC is also very good too. Virtually on a par with the Nikkor, which is about £550 more expensive. Not quite up the the Canon's standards but certainly not far behind it. That's probably the best bang for buck 70-200mm f/2.8 out there IMO.

Well, last week I guess it was a decision. There were a few on Amazon. Today it's not. None on Amazon, none @ local and outlying camera stores within 3 hrs of my location. Non @ Adorama or B&H, looks like I'm going Canon since the Sigma has a back order status and no one claims to know why/when

That's the sort of thing that happens to me, lol. I umm and arr about something and by the time I've made my mind up, it's either sold or gone up in price.

Most reactions

Back