canon 30d flash issue

dblester

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
so yesterday while taking photos i was using my flash then pushed it back down later when i wanted to take a photo the flash wouldnt pop up but on the camera it said that it was poped up and it is using the flash even though the flash is down.. ive tried everything to make the flash pop back up to.. is there a way to release the flash other then the button.. thanks

i would say that you probably switched the camera mode to Av or Tv or M but it sounds like you can't get it up at all. which is odd.

have you tried turning everything off (and taking out the batteries and CF card and putting them back) then turning it back on? that might help. the button next to the flash (a little below it on the left) should work...if none of this works i'd take it to a local shop if you have one.

Welcome to the forum.

I'm with Daniel, try taking the battery out and switching to different modes to try it. I have heard of people's flashes getting stuck because it's not a purely mechanical release mechanism. Just giving it a little wiggle may be enough to let the release work again. If not, take it in.

oh sweet i just got it to pop back up i had to take out the battery i didnt even think of that thanks so much guys!

The first 20D that B&H shipped me had similar issues. It wouldn't do it all the time, but it was very annoying when it did. I'm pretty sure it is a defect in the flash mechanism. I sent it back, they sent me a different one, it has NEVER happened again in 1+ years ~10,000 photos.

I'd keep checking it, that's a lot of money to spend on something that doesn't work the way it was designed.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back