Canon 40D a good first DSLR?

I love mine... I would like better ISO performance but most of the stuff I shoot is tripod and still so fast speeds aren't critical...

Also something small that bugs me... is that if I use a custom mode and change a setting, when the camera goes to sleep and wakes back up again, it reloads the original settings for that custom mode instead of remembering the changes I made. This is freaking annoying, but to be honest, I haven't played with it much so I may be doing something wrong... But it's hard to beat for the price... got mine for $550 with 9k clicks.

Did you ever look back to see if there are firmware updates for the 40D?

Might be an issue they resolved at some point and you never updated your camera...

I bought one about a month ago and have been very happy with it. I wanted a 7d also, but went and got this untill I have some more money and better glass then I Will get a 7d. But I would buy another 40d if I was in the same situation again.

While I see it was a jest, the D40 is way inferior to the 40D. The 40D is a very capable camera, great shooting, nice ISO. Its a bit older technology, but still a very capable camera in the hands of someone who knows their stuff.

Sure, the 7D is better, but if the 40D was great before the 7D came out, its still great.
Don't underestimate the D40. I used it for years, the x-model tho which only difference is the mp. But that body will do anything I wanted it too, and do it well.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back