Canon 50D Help.

Damn...(a 16 year old!?) how you in college already?
I guess that means my Suggestion was wrong??
I just say what I "Think" I know already thats why i usually always print at the end of any of my "advice."
"Maybe someone with more experience can correct me if I'm wrong."

I have had complaints about giving bad advice but it's like an OCD :greenpbl::(
Actually..that was a compliment...

was just wondering how you are a college student at 16 that's all

ah right :p
Well.. i am actually the youngest person in the class tbh...
Over here in the UK we can leave school when we are 16...

Scroll to the bottom of this post for a one line answer.. i never realised how long my description was...

I left last year in may (may 05 2008) when i was 15 (my school does an early start meaning they move to 5th year / 11th grade i think... about 2 - 3 weeks before the last term finishes up for summer holidays,
That year I went to the college open day for Photography and got given an interview date, but had yet to get a Camera... (it was my mum who was forcing me to go at first but i did want to go, but i wanted to learn some aspects of the camera myself.)
so I called up and canceled that interview then i turned 16 on the 1st of September 2008 (which means ill be 17 when this course starts more or less)
so i got a job (started the 16th of September.) stacking shelfs in my local store (£4.30 an hour to start with then they upped the hourly rate to £4.51)
I got allot of overtime (about 39 hrs a week after working there for 1 month.) And bought my self my Canon 450D after waiting about 1n a half years for my parents to get me a camera, but it felt good getting it my self, I had accomplished something towards my future and I was happy, I took the time to learn the way the camera works, messed around with functions, reading some articles, read some tutorials, and just generally messing around with the settings (Always have used manual, never used anything else in all honesty but have recently realised Aperture priority and Shutter priority are better to use than manual.)
So I felt i had learned allot in the time I have had the camera therefore decided to go back to the college and apply again (HNC Photography since thats the only OBVIOUS course that was listed that was to do with photography.)
I went out shot a folio of about 20 images (I was pretty disappointed by them as I dont have travel so I was relying on my uncle and dad taking me places but they work so never had allot of time so crammed it all into 1 week / 3 days.)

I feel im going into details you dont want to read but im just adding them incase you do tbh..

Basically at the interview the Tutor was like "your only 16! my you have ages!! your the youngest to have applied for this course! have you got your folio there."
i showed him it then he said, "To be honest, thos images aren't bad but for a place in this course we would be looking for a folio of about 50 - 100 images that are REALLY mind blowing." then I explained to him how i was looking for an.. Access course / a NQ (same thing really) but couldn't find one on the website, he reffered me to the Animation and arts NVQ and gave me the options of: Go out, shoot another portfolio with images that meet the requirements or sit an interview for the other course, as it was the NQ i was essentially wanting i chose to go for the other course (which upon completion means ill be instantly accepted into the HNC course)

I went to the other interview.. it was a bit of a joke tbh.. the tutor just asked if i like elvis and the beach boys and stuff haha (most likely to get in that comfort zone)
but anyway he then explained what the course involved and the requirements (like i need to be able to draw!!! which i cant really do lol.) anyways he looked at my folio and then said "yeah, you have a place, you will receive a letter telling you that you have an unconditional offer for the course, just sign it then send it back to us and you will get another letter telling you the start date and time" then he continued to talk n have a joke then he lit up a.. either a roll up of tabacco or a roll up of a contraband but i think it was tabacco lol.

so yup.. thats how i got a place on the course... (btw i revised that about 3 times to make it shorter....)

in short: left school when i was 15, (going on 16.) Went for interview and passed

I'm sorry if that post sounded sarcastic or anything but I meant it in sincerity.

^^^^
Didn't sound sarcastic at all. I like learning a little about the people who I converse with online (not in a creepy way) but it's like building a friendship in a way. I read it all and was surprised by most of it. We were allowed to leave school when we were 16 too but had no shot at getting into a higher lever schooling opportunity. Sounds like your gunna go far with it all. I recently (for the past 4 months or so) have been using the manual mode on my P&S to be a little more prepared for the future. Also have been watching a lot of videos and reading a lot of stuff on the camera itself as well as things in general. Everything takes time.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back