Canon 50D Trouble Please Help

abrewerphotography

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.abrewerphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have a canon 50 d that is only 2 months old. I have been having trouble when using it in auto that the flash will not pop up, and in the image produced is all black. Also when I go into av or the other modes it does the same thing. I am getting only black images, and if the flash does pop up when I manually push the button, the image is still very dark. Any suggestions? I am so frustrated b/c this is a virtually brand new camera!

OP, what about when you take photos during the day (outdoor)?

yeah, wasn't thinking... lens cap.

Also, when you go into auto are you talking about the P mode, or the green box?

one other thing to check is when in AV do you have exposure compensation at even? or is it way into the negative range?

have you reset your settings to default yet? if it wont pop up when it is supposed to i.e. green mode, or portrait in less lighting then it probably needs to be sent to canon.

(EDIT) also what lens do you have on it? is their a round alert light going off in the view finder?

OP, Have you read the book?

If you're not getting an error notification, I'd bet there's a setting somewhere you're missing. I'd try resetting to defaults, then spending an afternoon studying the manual to the last drop.

If that takes you nowhere, off to Canon it is!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back