Canon 50D

Warfarin

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I am wading into digital photography and bought a 50d, 20d and a 10d. I know they are old but I don’t need super megapixels. Anything I need to know about using them? Tips, tricks etc that will make them easier? Still waiting on the 20d and 10d. So far liking the 50d. I have good glass from my film cameras. I only have one EF-S kit lens, which I know doesn’t work on the 10d. I have plenty of EF lenses that cover a wide range. Including one L lens.

Ok so the 10D’s appear to be working fine. On the 20D it is 11 stops underexposing. I reset everything to factory settings and this did not help. P mode picked shutter of 1/125 and f-stop at 5.6. I moved to M mode and left the f-stop at 5.6 and shutter of 1/30 to get properly exposed. All other settings such as ISO and WB were the same for each exposure. It takes good pictures when I set the exposures. So my guess is the light meter has gone bad? Any suggestions

Ok so the 10D’s appear to be working fine. On the 20D it is 11 stops underexposing. I reset everything to factory settings and this did not help. P mode picked shutter of 1/125 and f-stop at 5.6. I moved to M mode and left the f-stop at 5.6 and shutter of 1/30 to get properly exposed. All other settings such as ISO and WB were the same for each exposure. It takes good pictures when I set the exposures. So my guess is the light meter has gone bad? Any suggestions
You say 11 stops underexposed, but your example of switching from P to M shows 2 stops under. Please explain.

I turned the dial and it was 11 clicks until I got the right exposure

10D... EF lenses ONLY!!! The mount is the only Canon APS camera SLR that is EF only,. After the intro of the 20D you go to the EF-S lens system.

The 10D is a solid performer albeit lower in on the resolution. (This will become apparent when you do detail work. ) The 20D is ok, but has alot of issues with lower performance for what it is suppose to be.

The 50D I never picked up, but has quite a few features that make it much more tangible as a camera than the 20D. One of them is a much larger viewscreen.

Overall they all perform well, but i am inclined to either go 10D or a 1Ds myself. (Thats simply IMO.)

Thanks and I did know that about the 10D which is ok since most of my lenses are from my film cameras

Most reactions

Back