Canon 50mm f1.8 w/ hood

hockdub

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Very gently used Canon 50mm f1.8 with es-62 lens hood and screw in adapter ring for hood. This lens is a sweet portrait lens and great in low light conditions. Lens is very fast and fun to shoot with, I am just looking for something different, so I'd rather use the money for a different lens!

$100 firm, lens and hood are like new! I have the original boxes for both the hood and the lens.
add $10 for shipping and paypal.

Here is what Canon has to say about it (images to follow!).

The Canon EF 50mm F1.8 II may be one of the cheapest lenses currently on the market, but its optics belie its lowly price. As befits a classic standard prime lens, it's very sharp when stopped down (especially in the centre), shows minimal chromatic aberration, and has relatively low distortion; APS-C users will also benefit from extremely low vignetting. In most regards it comes very close indeed to its much more expensive bigger brother, the EF 50mm F1.4 USM, lagging marginally behind in corner sharpness at any specific aperture. The only real blight in imaging terms is the lens's bokeh, or rendition of out-of-focus backgrounds, which is anything but smooth with a distinct tendency to render bright highlights as obvious pentagons (it's a pity Canon didn't choose to use a diaphragm with 7 or 8 blades instead of 5).

IMG_4245.jpg

IMG_4246.jpg

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l149/hockdub/Camera Equipment for Sale/IMG_4247.jpg

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l149/hockdub/Camera Equipment for Sale/IMG_4250.jpg

Very gently used Canon 50mm f1.8 with es-62 lens hood and screw in adapter ring for hood. This lens is a sweet portrait lens and great in low light conditions. Lens is very fast and fun to shoot with, I am just looking for something different, so I'd rather use the money for a different lens!

$100 firm, lens and hood are like new! I have the original boxes for both the hood and the lens.
add $10 for shipping and paypal.

Here is what Canon has to say about it (images to follow!).

The Canon EF 50mm F1.8 II may be one of the cheapest lenses currently on the market, but its optics belie its lowly price. As befits a classic standard prime lens, it's very sharp when stopped down (especially in the centre), shows minimal chromatic aberration, and has relatively low distortion; APS-C users will also benefit from extremely low vignetting. In most regards it comes very close indeed to its much more expensive bigger brother, the EF 50mm F1.4 USM, lagging marginally behind in corner sharpness at any specific aperture. The only real blight in imaging terms is the lens's bokeh, or rendition of out-of-focus backgrounds, which is anything but smooth with a distinct tendency to render bright highlights as obvious pentagons (it's a pity Canon didn't choose to use a diaphragm with 7 or 8 blades instead of 5).

IMG_4245.jpg

IMG_4246.jpg

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l149/hockdub/Camera Equipment for Sale/IMG_4247.jpg

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l149/hockdub/Camera Equipment for Sale/IMG_4250.jpg
Trades?

Why so high for a used and very common lens? This is on sale new at B&H for $99, and Amazon has it for the same price with free shipping. I've seen it for even lower on the occasional sale. You can pick up a new hood with the difference and still pay less than your asking price with Paypal fee.

Why so high for a used and very common lens? This is on sale new at B&H for $99, and Amazon has it for the same price with free shipping. I've seen it for even lower on the occasional sale. You can pick up a new hood with the difference and still pay less than your asking price with Paypal fee.

I might be new here... but that wasn't cool. If you don't like their price, don't buy it. It's that simple.

You don't need to crap in someone's thread. If you feel the burning desire to say something, at least have the courtesy to take it to PM's.

actually everyone looking here will say the same thing. i have just got one with hood for 80 shipped used.

I only paid $75.00 for mine and that was at a local camera shop. But my hood is aftermarket, no biggy.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back