Canon 580ex ii compatible with Canon Rebel EOS xti?

HannahWebb said:
I'm sorry! I meant filters for the lens... (told you I'm new at this :) )

I got called into work so I an my phone, so I will be brief. I would suggest a polarizing and a neutral density to start with. Get quality ones, at least in the Hoya range. Make sure they are multi coated. Someone else will elaborate more I am sure, but this should get u looking.

MWG said:
But don't you need to 580 to master? Sorry, its what i was told.

You can use a master/slave but you can use radio triggers, its a lot cheaper, has better range, you can use them outside in the sunlight (the ir has issues outside on bright days), and you don't have to have one of you flashes on your camera. You have ettl capability with pocket wizards, but you pay for them. Just one of many ways to get OFC.

Yea, and PW's rarely fail. I have the flex/mini combo for my 580, love it!

And thanks for the insight.

I would still go with the 580 every time though.

You've heard it before, but yes, the 580EX II will work just fine on an XTi, and if you're like me, you'll quickly start putting it on your camera no matter what you're shooting. Just in case you don't already know this, to take full advantage of the quick recycling time use good quality batteries. You'll eat through batteries pretty quick if you're doing a lot of shooting, but Energizer or Duracell will keep the recycle time fast for a lot longer. The re-charable ones work, but not as well as the non rechargeable. Right now I'm using the cheap Rayovac AA's. They don't last as long, but they do A LOT better than other $1.00 per 4 pack batteries, so I save $$ in the long run.

You've heard it before, but yes, the 580EX II will work just fine on an XTi, and if you're like me, you'll quickly start putting it on your camera no matter what you're shooting. Just in case you don't already know this, to take full advantage of the quick recycling time use good quality batteries. You'll eat through batteries pretty quick if you're doing a lot of shooting, but Energizer or Duracell will keep the recycle time fast for a lot longer. The re-charable ones work, but not as well as the non rechargeable. Right now I'm using the cheap Rayovac AA's. They don't last as long, but they do A LOT better than other $1.00 per 4 pack batteries, so I save $$ in the long run.

Actually I think you'll find that rechargeable batteries have a faster recycle time than alkaline batteries, plus they work out cheaper in the long run.

I've heard that Sanyo Eneloop batteries are the most highly recommended rechargeable batteries for flash guns.

Bad info...

NiMH batteries are perfect for your flash, particularly ones rated over 2500mA. The recycle times are much better than an alkaline battery. buy a 1 hour charger and a couple sets and you wont have to keep buying Energizer alkalines every few days! Look on the batteries for the mA rating, I have found most newer ones are rated at 2700+, but in the same packaging I have seen 2500mA on the same shelf same price, same UPC #. Just an older stock.

Most reactions

Back