Canon 600D best lens

steve007

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi all I'm about to buy new lens for my 600D and don't know what to get all the lenses I wanna buy are for full frame cameras. please need your help

There's no best lens.
What are you planning to shoot?

If you don't know what you want, than a 50mm f/1.8.

I need it for walk around and landscaping I bought the 50 mm it's amazing thank you

Welcome to the forum.

When you said "all the lenses I wanna buy are for full frame cameras."....I think you may be a bit confused.
Even though your camera isn't 'full frame', you can still use any Canon 'full frame' lens....or 3rd party lens built to work with Canon EOS.

In other words, your camera is compatible with all Canon EF and EF-S lenses. (and all other lenses made for Canon Auto Focus cameras).

There are many options for a good 'walk around lens'...but what is your budget? and what do you have now (besides the 50mm)?
We could recommend several lenses that cost more that double what your camera costs, but that would be useless if they are out of your price range.

Thank you ever one. I have 18-55 and 55-250 beside the 50mm

steve007 said:
Thank you ever one. I have 18-55 and 55-250 beside the 50mm

i have a 600d along with a 17-55mm f2.8 and 70-200 f4 L for me this is a perfect setup as i can shoot the 17-55mm in day as well as night and the zoom for tele shots

Hey enerlevel... I have a 600D and am trying to decide if I should buy the Canon 17-55mm f2.8 lens for it. How do you feel it goes with your 600D - how big a difference will I notice in my pictures if I switch to it from my 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 that came with it? Do you think it is worth the money?

Also, can anyone say which lens they think I should get for my 600D for taking to India where I go every winter? I think I am more fussed about photos of places and people than far of animals so I don't think I need a zoom lens.

Most reactions

Back