Canon 650D or Nikon 5100D

Goldcoin79

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm still trying to chose what dslr to go for, I think it is between the Canon 650D or Nikon 5100D what's your toughts? Also is the canon 650D much better than the 600D?

your thoughts are appreciated.

Here in the USA it's a Canon EOS Rebel T4i. In Japan it's a Canon EOS Kiss X6i. In the rest of the world it's a Canon EOS 650D.

An independent testing lab's comparison of image sensor performance shows the D5100 as the best, then the older 600D has a slight edge over the newer 650D:
DxOMark - Compare cameras side by side

However, it's about more than just image sensor performance. Other features also factor in.

Without more information, how sigificant those other features would be for your intended usage cannot be assessed.

At the moment I have a canon powershot sx30 is which has been great for me to learn about photography on but now want something to go further with and want something that will please me long term rather than feel I have to buy another camera in a couple of years.

I want in to give me nice clear images to enter competitions and to work well in low light.

The D5100 has much better low light performance than the T4i, which is shown in the link I provided you.

Nice clear images suitable for competitions is about using quality lenses, and is mostly dependent on photographer knowledge and skill using the camera/lens, light, and image composition.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back