Canon 6D Official

I'm far interested in more in the performance of this camera than the spec sheet.
So far there haven't been any images posted with this camera, and honestly that's what counts.
How many times has it been said on here that the amount of mega pixels doesn't matter, but rather low light performance and color rendering, ect.

I think the 6D (or the 600D) is quite good as a studio camera.

- FF
- Wireless trigger capable for strobe (need add-on)
- Decent file size/resolutions

If the Wifi supports wifi tethering, it is going to be better.

I believe most of the studio photographers do not like to have cords running around the studio anyway, missing PC port is not going to be an issue I think. 1/4000 or 1/8000, it doesn't really matter too much for studio shots in general.

I think the 6D (or the 600D) is quite good as a studio camera.

- FF
- Wireless trigger capable for strobe (need add-on)
- Decent file size/resolutions

If the Wifi supports wifi tethering, it is going to be better.

I believe most of the studio photographers do not like to have cords running around the studio anyway, missing PC port is not going to be an issue I think. 1/4000 or 1/8000, it doesn't really matter too much for studio shots in general.

but at that price, the d600 is WAY more appealing

Looks like dpreview made their correction. 1/8000 shutter speed was originally in the 1st paragraph of the preview now it's gone. Only if they made all 11 sensors cross type, it would have been a good contender against D600. Here's to hoping that they really pumped up high ISO capability to produce clean sharp image w/out too much work on noise reduction or better yet, awesome dynamic range across all ISO. That will be 6D's saving grace. Seems Canon is too worried about 6D eating into market share of 5D3 and Nikon is driven mostly by their desperation to take away Canon's market share. I applaud Nikon for one upping Canon. I do hope this will turn the tide and result in higher market share by Nikon so Canon may rethink its strategy for the next generation.

Comparing D600 and 6D side-by-side just makes me feel more disappointed in Canon..

I am almost thinking that D600 is more of a competitor to 5D Mark III than this 6D. Sure, it's not as spiffy as 5D3 but it also is almost 1.5 grand less in price. And it has uncompressed video out.

I've been looking around to try and find out more information on the 6D from "hard core Canon" shooters... Canon's schizophrenic 6D doesn't know whether it's for pros or amateurs (video) | The Verge

Reaction to the 6D is very lukewarm it seems. NOT putting in the mic jack seems like a big blunder on the video front...

On balance though, the official Canon press release states, "A new 11-point AF system also offers the strongest low light performance of any Canon AF system to date. With focusing down to EV-3, the equivalent of moonlight, subjects remain in-focus in even the most challenging lighting conditions – offering the freedom to shoot landscapes or portraits at night and capture the true atmosphere of the scene with minimal noise." [emphasis in bold added by Derrel]

Now, an AF system that works down to MINUS THREE Eeeeeee-vee!!! That's probably going to be no slouch!

I'm far interested in more in the performance of this camera than the spec sheet.
So far there haven't been any images posted with this camera, and honestly that's what counts.
How many times has it been said on here that the amount of mega pixels doesn't matter, but rather low light performance and color rendering, ect.

Here are the first official high-rez samples and videos, from CANON itself.

Canon?EOS 6D?Sample Images & Movies

I've already DL'd a few....look pretty good, even as reduced 3.5 to 4 MB JPEG files.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't see the advantage of buying the 6D over the 7D. The 7D has a few more features I like that the 6D doesn't. The only thing, I see, is that the 6D is full frame. Yay. (sarcasm).

Just not seeing it.

I do agree to one persons point thus far that it looks like it would be a good studio camera. Kinda useless outside of the studio IMO though.

It really feels to me that they are marketing to idiots. Nikon as well. That is sad. You know the type..the facebook fauxtographer who is shooting with a Rebel XSi and says "yeah...I'm thinking of going full frame so I can increase my sales and produce sharper and clearer images....the new one is badass and much more cheaper now"

*shrug* whatever.... time will tell.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't see the advantage of buying the 6D over the 7D. The 7D has a few more features I like that the 6D doesn't. The only thing, I see, is that the 6D is full frame. Yay. (sarcasm).

Just not seeing it.

I do agree to one persons point thus far that it looks like it would be a good studio camera. Kinda useless outside of the studio IMO though.

It really feels to me that they are marketing to idiots. Nikon as well. That is sad. You know the type..the facebook fauxtographer who is shooting with a Rebel XSi and says "yeah...I'm thinking of going full frame so I can increase my sales and produce sharper and clearer images....the new one is badass and much more cheaper now"

IQ, DR, and reduced noise at high ISO. For some, those advantages will outweigh what you lose. They don't for me personally.

I seem to be more positive on the 6D. It makes sense in a way. The 60D was the "what exactly is this supposed to be" camera. It was the T3i with a few more features. I see the 6D as what the 60D should have been, the ultimate hobby camera. Comparison to the 7D I don't think is useful as the two are just in completely seperate realms of the market. It sounds like many were expecting the 6D to be the 7 on steroids, but it really is more like the ultimate Canon Rebel. Like a T4i turned up to the max.

Here are the first official high-rez samples and videos, from CANON itself.

Canon?EOS 6D?Sample Images & Movies

I've already DL'd a few....look pretty good, even as reduced 3.5 to 4 MB JPEG files.

Thank you for link to sample image gallery. I'm really interested in high ISO images but all high ISO shots are "coming soon".

The biggest difference is the sensor, which is FF.

In a sense, comparing 7D with 6D is like comparing normal BMW 5 Series to BMW M5. What is the difference? The engine. To those who care, that alone will make all the difference in the world and makes it worth the money.

Yes, 7D is nice, but if you need full-frame, you can't substitute it by anything else.

And if you think that full frame is no big deal, you clearly do not need it.

Just not seeing it.

IQ, DR, and reduced noise at high ISO. For some, those advantages will outweigh what you lose. They don't for me personally.

The 7D if phenomenal at reduced noise at high iso, I shot 6400 often now that I can, with minimal or no trace of noise. IQ...? I doubt highly that the IQ of the 6D over the 7D will be that noticeable. so those 2 alone out of the equation...what's left?

I seem to be more positive on the 6D. It makes sense in a way. The 60D was the "what exactly is this supposed to be" camera. It was the T3i with a few more features. I see the 6D as what the 60D should have been, the ultimate hobby camera. Comparison to the 7D I don't think is useful as the two are just in completely seperate realms of the market. It sounds like many were expecting the 6D to be the 7 on steroids, but it really is more like the ultimate Canon Rebel. Like a T4i turned up to the max.

I would argue that 7D is what 60D should have been. 6D has nothing to do with it.

The biggest difference is the sensor, which is FF.

In a sense, comparing 7D with 6D is like comparing normal BMW 5 Series to BMW M5. What is the difference? The engine. To those who care, that alone will make all the difference in the world and makes it worth the money.

Yes, 7D is nice, but if you need full-frame, you can't substitute it by anything else.

And if you think that full frame is no big deal, you clearly do not need it.

Never said I did need it, and I don't which is why the 7D is fine for me. Most who think they need FF truly don't either, as they have no clue why they "need" it except that they think it will make them better.

any other condescending attempted insulting remarks or is that it for now?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back