Canon 70-200mm L non-IS vs. 70-200mm L with-IS

Left elbow resting on raised left knee.
I was sitting on my arse yesterday and was able to place the lens ring mount foot on my knee! I'm pretty flexible though, and have a long lens plate. Also used your stance, and even one army man layout!

Guess I better get at those grass stains today :lol:

-Shea

Guess I better get at those grass stains today :lol:

-Shea
oxi clean max force spray works a treat on those grass stains. :D

I wear knee pads under the slacks and end up with grass stain cleat marks on them!

Hi guys

I am a proud owner of a 7D and take full advantage of the video ( One of the key reasons for buying)

I am just about to purchase either the IS or Non-IS and am mostly thinking about the video aspects after hearing that the 70-200 was recently used in one of 30 seconds to mars new music videos "Kings and Queens" on a 7d Body.... however they did not say if it was a IS or Non-IS ...

anyway ... i was just wondering if anyone has any experience using video with the lens and if its worth the IS as i have herd and image stabilizer especially as gd as the canons work of art is WELL worth it??

COMMENTS PLEASE ...and quick im getting it this weekend for SURE

Sammy D

Since this link has been resurrected, has anyone compared the Canon 200mm f/2.8 L prime with this lens? It's a heck of a lot less expensive.

Hi guys

I am a proud owner of a 7D and take full advantage of the video ( One of the key reasons for buying)

I am just about to purchase either the IS or Non-IS and am mostly thinking about the video aspects after hearing that the 70-200 was recently used in one of 30 seconds to mars new music videos "Kings and Queens" on a 7d Body.... however they did not say if it was a IS or Non-IS ...

anyway ... i was just wondering if anyone has any experience using video with the lens and if its worth the IS as i have herd and image stabilizer especially as gd as the canons work of art is WELL worth it??

COMMENTS PLEASE ...and quick im getting it this weekend for SURE

Sammy D

For video, especially off a tripod, it's almost impossible to get a clean shot without some kind of IS system. This is even more the more you zoom in.

Since this link has been resurrected, has anyone compared the Canon 200mm f/2.8 L prime with this lens? It's a heck of a lot less expensive.

I can't find any online comparisons, either. Sorry. But chances are it's optically (far?) superior to the 70-200mm f/2.8 L @ 200mm.

User reviews on FM are overwhelmingly positive:

FM Reviews - EF 200mm f/2.8L II USM

I can't find any online comparisons, either. Sorry. But chances are it's optically (far?) superior to the 70-200mm f/2.8 L @ 200mm.

User reviews on FM are overwhelmingly positive:

FM Reviews - EF 200mm f/2.8L II USM

What I'd really love to see is a comparison of the 200 f/2.8 plus the 2X TC with Canon's 400mm f/5.6. That would save me an incredible hunk of change.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back