Canon 70-300mm 4-5.6 IS USM

Offhand

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is a great lens. It's in like new shape with no scratches, even on the barrel that extends has no wear marks from use. Glass is in great shape as well and it has two UD-glass florite elements, which really give it more crispness over it's predecessor. It has an ultrasonic mini motor, but not ring USM. So it's quiet and quick but the AF isn't as good as with L lenses. You'll be surprised by how fast it is, though. It also has 3rd generation image stabilization (with two modes including pan stabilization and normal) that's good for three stops handheld. At 300mm, you'll really need it. Especially if it's a little overcast or there are shadows. It helps a lot. The IS will turn off automatically when mounted on a tripod. This lens beats the 70-200mm f/4 in low light when shooting hand held because of the IS. It's a stop slower at full zoom (and the same f/4 at 70-80), but you get 100mm more length and 3 stops of stabilization, which is good for static or slow moving objects. If you're trying to shoot an indoor basketball game where everything is constantly moving, get the 2.8 IS.

Overall, it's very light and compact when compared to the 70-200mm. A good travel lens. Comes with UV filter, both caps and a bag. I'm the second owner, and I liked the lens, but it wasn't good enough in low light. I thought the IS would even up the field, but I just needed to get a 2.8 from the beginning.

$400 and no Paypal fees.

Lens3.jpg

Lens2.jpg

Lens.jpg

Last edited:
Price drop on this terrific lens to $400.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back