Canon 70D rumors!!!

I've just been hunting around in the rumor mills about the 70D as well - as I've been looking a little bit to move from my T3i to the 60D. I realize it's not much of a jump at all - but the 7D is out because of the need for CF cards, and all i really wish I had was the thumb wheel.

On the flip side, as long as you have something to shoot with now, I'd wait for the release of the 70D. Even if it turns out to be just an incremental upgrade over the 60D, the price of the 60D should drop, freeing up more of your money for glass ;)

I'm really hoping for a new sensor in the advanced consumer/consumer bodies with more MP and better ISO. Some extra X-type AF points wouldn't hurt either. haha ;)

Personally, I'd wait a little, see what 70D offers, if it really worth an upgrade, I'd buy that, otherwise the price will drop for 60D and I'd buy that!

I've just been hunting around in the rumor mills about the 70D as well - as I've been looking a little bit to move from my T3i to the 60D. I realize it's not much of a jump at all - but the 7D is out because of the need for CF cards, and all i really wish I had was the thumb wheel.

On the flip side, as long as you have something to shoot with now, I'd wait for the release of the 70D. Even if it turns out to be just an incremental upgrade over the 60D, the price of the 60D should drop, freeing up more of your money for glass ;)
I'm really hoping for a new sensor in the advanced consumer/consumer bodies with more MP and better ISO. Some extra X-type AF points wouldn't hurt either. haha ;)

It already dropped I just bought one(1-27-13) at B@H $699 brand new,I think thats is a nice low price? How low do you think it's going to go. Unless it is a giant leap forward,I'll wait for the 80D or whatever!

It already dropped I just bought one(1-27-13) at B@H $699 brand new,I think thats is a nice low price? How low do you think it's going to go. Unless it is a giant leap forward,I'll wait for the 80D or whatever!

Most model to model changes are not that big - many people who own the 60D will likely not be all that impressed with the upgrade version that comes out to replace it. There are exceptions such as when Canon added video mode to the DSLR range, but in general most won't see a vast amount of gain.

Skipping a generation or going to the next level above is more common a move.

Most model to model changes are not that big - many people who own the 60D will likely not be all that impressed with the upgrade version that comes out to replace it. There are exceptions such as when Canon added video mode to the DSLR range, but in general most won't see a vast amount of gain.

Skipping a generation or going to the next level above is more common a move.

+1

I am very much so looking forward to learning more about photography and getting out there and capturing the moments that have otherwise passed me by.... Now my next question might be out of context with this thread but I dont really know much about lenses!! i will have to do some research on that before i buy a kit with a lens that might prove to be not so good.

I currently own a 30D and am currently grappling between upgrading to the 60D at a very good price now or waiting for the 70D. Since I'm in no rush, I plan to wait for the official announcement of the 70D specs (hopefully sometime this year), then decide between the 60D at what will probably be even better clearance prices, or the 70D at its new price point.

On the lens issue however, I do have a strong recommendation - the Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS. It is a big improvement over any standard kit lens, with very sharp images, quick & quiet AF and excellent image stabilization. Between that and a solid 70-200 or 70-300, you'll be covered for just about any everyday situation.

If your not in a hurry wait and see what happens any thing new body will be a big upgrade from a 30D

If your going to wait for a 70D I assume you want an APS-c body,why not wait and see what a 7D replacement will offer?

Most reactions

Back