CANON 7D vs NIKON D7000

Canon 60D vs 7D vs Nikon D7000

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
While you're on the site, maybe you should look up the definition of "synonym" as well. A synonym is a word that shares all or SOME of the meaning of an associated word. Black can be synonymous with dark, for instance... but those two have very distinct differences.

While you're on the site, maybe you should look up the definition of "synonym" as well. A synonym is a word that shares all or SOME of the meaning of an associated word. Black can be synonymous with dark, for instance... but those two have very distinct differences.

Oh boy :lmao:

Some things aren't really open for interpretation, the point is an alloy is not pure. Now back to the topic.

It's ok to be wrong sometimes, it won't kill you.

Some things aren't really open for interpretation, the point is an alloy is not pure. Now back to the topic.

I'm not sure how he meant it, but when most people refer to the 7D as having a "pure" magnesium alloy body they just mean that it is all magnesium alloy and not pieces of mag alloy and polymer bolted together. I don't know how true it is but I have watched and read several reviews that say the whole partial mag alloy vs full alloy is bs, that any impact that will break the D7k will break the D7 ect.

Ballistics said:

Talk about a backfire... Here I am calling the illustrious KmH out on being nit-picky and yet I can't defend my claim without coming across as the same... So I guess I'd better digress before I sound too hypocritical. I'll stand over here with the 99th percentile who use pure as defined by dictionary.com rather than a chemists definition... For a chemist, I am not.

...pure magnesium alloy...
An oxymoron.

If it's pure, it cannot be an alloy. If it's an alloy, it isn't pure.

When I said this I meant it literally like the over-all body is composed or constructed with magnesium alloy and I wasn't even referring to the element itself like "magnesium alloy is pure."

Both the 7d and d7000 have lots of fans, you can't go wrong with either. The 7d sounds like it's got a better af system and shoots at 8 fps. Sounds like you've been on the fence for a while now. Ignore Sony and panasonic and go with either of your original choices.

Ballistics said:

Talk about a backfire... Here I am calling the illustrious KmH out on being nit-picky and yet I can't defend my claim without coming across as the same... So I guess I'd better digress before I sound too hypocritical. I'll stand over here with the 99th percentile who use pure as defined by dictionary.com rather than a chemists definition... For a chemist, I am not.

Go to the wikipedia article for "alloy" and search for "Unlike pure" on that page (CTRL+F). See what happens.

Hey guys sorry I posted before but I gave you the wrong video. I just shot a music video with both these cameras. I had a lot of unusable footage from the Nikon but the Canon D7 never skipped a beat. Not sure why but the Nikon produced a lot of flickered footage and stuff I had to chop out and this didn't happen once with the Canon after many many hours of getting footage. The music video is here .

Last edited by a moderator:
I assume all who voted here have used all 3 cameras. otherwise its like writing a review for a book you have not read.

It's a whole year old - I think its time for this poll to end its life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back