Canon 7D?

deana2677

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Morning!! This is my first post! :)

I have my eye on the Canon 7d, and being that it's been out for a while now, obviously Canon will always come out with a newer model? Do you think they will come out with a new model anytime soon? Should I wait for a newer model? I was planning on buying around March. (still saving $$).

I've borrowed a friends 7D and I love it!

I do a lot of hobby photography, portrait, wedding, and I'm taking my photography to a more professional level.

Thanks!!

Hello and Welcome! I don't think there is much of anything that Canon can do or needs to do to improve this camera.

Just bought mine last month after "waiting" for a newer model for a while. I absolutely love it, and I think you will, too!

I run with a 7D also, I dont think you will grow out of this camera anytime soon.

Welcome to the forum.

I'm not up to speed with all the Canon rumors, but I don't think that a 7D replacement will be out soon. Maybe late 2012, but I'd guess later than that.

The 7D is indeed a pretty good camera. It's got the best AF system that you'll find in a Canon camera for less than $4000.

Love my 7D. Only thing canon can do to improve it is work on the noise that is found in some dim light high ISO frames.

Part of the problem is that they are cramming 18MP worth of photosites onto an APS-C sized sensor. Doing that, has made it harder to keep noise under control at higher ISO. Also, it can be more demanding of the lens's ability to resolve detail.

expose properly for high ISO's and it's beautiful with the noise. I frequently use it at it's max of 12800 ISO with great results.

There is scuttlebut starting about the next 7D, but that's all it is-start. WORST case scenario would be in 2012. I am thinking more like early 2013.
That won't make the 7D useless, it'll just mean there are some upgrades out on the newest model. I have a 7D and I am blown away by it's performance when compared to my much more expensive camera bodies. You definitely won't regret the purchase.

Doesn't Canon usually reveal new products around Febuary? And if they do come out with a new model you may be able to get the 7D for a few bucks cheaper for a few months, but don't wait too long because as soon as the stores stop carrying them the price for a new model online will skyrocket.

If they did a new 7D, I doubt it would be before Photokina in Sept. of next year ( or an announcement around then ). There is always going to be the next best thing on the horizon, and you could potentially spend all of your time waiting on it, or get on with shooting and building your skill and portfolio.

Don't know if they can improve upon it! I have one and I love it!

Thanks for all the info and replies!! ;) I'm still saving, but hoping to have it by March!! ;)

There will always be a newer model coming out. If the camera does what you want I say go for it. I moved from a Rebel to a 7D and love it, although I still have a lot to learn about the camera and photography.

Most reactions

Back