Canon 80-200 F2.8L

Freedbaby

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I found for sale used this lens which comes with a Kenko 2x C-AF1 tele converter and various filters for $600.

I cant find too much information about it other than people call it "The Magic Drain Pipe" I mean it is an L series, can I go wrong? I was really saving for the 70-200 F2.8 IS, but this saves me like $1000 and comes with some extras.

Anyone here have any info on it or experience with it???? It will go on my 40D

Freedbaby

Last edited:
I almost bought this lens one time (on E-Bay). I've read some good things about it but I've never actually seen one.

It's probably a pretty good lens and might be a good deal (for the right price)...but it's going to be an old lens and might have some signs of age.

Here is the only problem with the lens....do you see this as a "major" problem?? Its the small split in the rubber. Looks like they may have glued it.

2667641401_ee3253c7b2.jpg

As always, thanks Big Mike.

Freedbaby

As long as the zoom & focus are still smooth, then I wouldn't say it's a major problem.

I decided to pass. I realized that this would be a temp lens, meaning that I would still want the 70-200 F2.8IS and anything I buy in the meantime would be a compromise.

I also found out for sure that Canon wont service them at all and have no parts. Since this one already has a problem in the rubber I used my better judgment.

Thanks for the feedback. If I found a clean copy I would buy it though.

Freedbaby

Most reactions

Back