Canon A-1 battery cover/grip

Justin TW

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello there,

I was wondering if anyone on the form would happen to have an extra battery door cover/grip for the original Canon A-1? The gentleman that I recently purchased my A-1 from no longer had the cover for his. If you do happen to have one that you are willing to part with I would be willing to pay for the shipping to have it mailed to me. The area in which I live in is pretty small so there are not too many camera stores in general and no places that specialize in older cameras. If not, that's alright. I just thought it doesn't hurt to ask.

I'll include a picture to show exactly what I am referring to.

617685b0-9007-0130-87c6-20cf30bab63e.jpg

Thank you in advance!

Take Care,
Justin

Ontario, Canada

Don't have a spare, but they're available on eBay. The same one fits A-1, AE-1, AE-1P cameras. However, the ones I've seen don't have the screw included.

I don't have one either, but you could try Pittsburgh Camera Exchange, they have lots of small odds and ends. Or buy a 'parts' camera.

I don't have one either, but you could try Pittsburgh Camera Exchange, they have lots of small odds and ends. Or buy a 'parts' camera.

Thanks for the suggestion Sharon but unfortunately Pittsburgh is a bit of a drive for me. haha. I'm from the great white north of Canada. :p

I meant online! sorry, I should have said that. They did have their own website last I looked and they sell on ebay. I'm going blank on their user name on there... will try to check and post back.

I meant online! sorry, I should have said that. They did have their own website last I looked and they sell on ebay. I'm going blank on their user name on there... will try to check and post back.

Haha no worries! Thanks :)

If no one here has one, your best bet is probably going to be Ebay. Looks to be a number of them listed. If you don't use Ebay, this was the only private site that I could find. Hope it helps.

Used Canon A1 Action Grip Misc

OK, I know they actually are two stores, one sells newer stuff and one sells older stuff. Found Bernies, and finally remembered their Pittsburgh Camera Exchange username on ebay. Look for onlinephotostuff under sellers (Advanced Search) or berniesphotocenter . Or maybe give them a call.

You could try Central Camera in Chicago, they list vintage stuff on their ebay page but not small stuff that I've seen. You could give them a call, they've been in business for like 100 years, they ought to have little camera screws and whatnot around somewhere! (If you find the door and need a screw...)

Isn't Henry's the camera store in Canada that has more than one location? I've bought from them, not sure what they have. Or try Adorama maybe, they sell used but not sure if they sell small stuff. Midwest Camera Exchange used to have vintage stuff but I'm not sure if they still do or not. KEH sells used, and puts the vintage/film stuff on their ebay page but not sure if they have little stuff.

OK, I know they actually are two stores, one sells newer stuff and one sells older stuff. Found Bernies, and finally remembered their Pittsburgh Camera Exchange username on ebay. Look for onlinephotostuff under sellers (Advanced Search) or berniesphotocenter . Or maybe give them a call.

You could try Central Camera in Chicago, they list vintage stuff on their ebay page but not small stuff that I've seen. You could give them a call, they've been in business for like 100 years, they ought to have little camera screws and whatnot around somewhere! (If you find the door and need a screw...)

Isn't Henry's the camera store in Canada that has more than one location? I've bought from them, not sure what they have. Or try Adorama maybe, they sell used but not sure if they sell small stuff. Midwest Camera Exchange used to have vintage stuff but I'm not sure if they still do or not. KEH sells used, and puts the vintage/film stuff on their ebay page but not sure if they have little stuff.

Thank you so much for all this info Sharon! I will definitely look into all those. Henry's is in Canada but the closest one to me is a ways away haha but I will check there for sure. They are still quite a bit closer than Chicago or Pittsburgh haha.

Thanks again!

Justin

I find the "camera collectors" swap and club meets are the place to go, ask for a parts camera. vin

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back