Canon AE-1 how much?

chente922

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Can't see it going for a lot to be honest, lots were made. Check out your local Craig's list or eBay to get an idea. Which lenses are with it? Assuming it's in good condition, they are a very solid 35mm camera, might want to check a battery hasn't leaked inside it though.

Depends on the lenses, Ebay prices for an ae-1 are about $30-50, but some lenses can be worth hundreds.

I once bought a nikon fe with a 50mm f1.2 lens for $100... the lens alone was worth at least three times that.

The Canon AE-1 is worth much more in use than it is on the open market, it's owner is better off using and enjoying the camera.

The FD lenses they use are optically sound even by todays standards despite their affordable pricetags.

If you are interested and are a good friend I would give her maybe $75 to $100 for it, that is in the ballpark of what she might get on E-bay.

Keh.com listed none which tells me they are priced so low they can't make any money on them. Checking Ebay bodies alone go for about $50 or so. Bodies and a lens or too are aproaching $100. I saw 1 kit with 4 lenses ending tonight still less than $100.

Litterally dime a dozen. Of course they made thousands upon thousands of them.

oh ok.. thanks everyone... I though it was a little more expensive

oh ok.. thanks everyone... I though it was a little more expensive

Nah, I commonly call it Canons first truly mass produced camera it was the first affordable TTL autoexposure cameras to hit the market and it sold in the neighborhood of five million units during it's term of active service.

Most reactions

Back